*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1789730-The-Moon
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1789730
A short-short story about a girl whose sister dyed the moon green, accidentally.
The moon was green that night. I looked at it and said, well, this is all your fault. Hannah had the courage to look embarassed when I that. She accidentally made a spell to the moon. According to her, a lighting struck the tree beside her while she was making a spell to make her plant green. Startled, she looked at the moon. “Well, this explains a lot,” I murmured.

“This was not intentional,” she cried.
“I don’t care. Find a way to fix it. You are the gifted one, not me.” Unfortunately, that was true. We are twins, born from the Queen of Oracnia and the King of Oracnia. Due to an accident, I lost my gifts (a.k.a. my magical abilities) and I can’t do magic.
“But there is a way to fix it, Janine. We can go to the Witch’s cave and ask her to give your gifts back.”
“No way!”
After one hour wasted arguing, we went to the Witch. She didn’t change from the last time I saw here. Orange eyes, crooked teeth, bitchy as always. This will not be easy, I realized.
“Welcome, welcome. What are you thinking you are doing here! Even your father cannot save you this time!” she said. Did I mentioned that I spoiled her plans about conquering Africa? Maybe another time, well, assuming I got out alive.
“We come here to ask you a favor,” Hannah said, reluctantly.
“which is that we kindly ask you to return my gifts back.” I finished.
“You have to kiss a frog for that.” This was too cliché but I did it anyway. Urrgh.
Suddenly, my mom and dad come in and said the Witch made a deed, she have to stick to it.
She did gave me my gifts back. Moon is fine.
Word count: exactly 300.
© Copyright 2011 Pinguin (cythee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1789730-The-Moon