*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1789303-I-Look-at-You
by Rene
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1789303
We were born in different times
I look at you through the ages. As I live a life I didn’t chose, I close my eyes and look at you, and wonder which awful joke, which unforgivable mistake set between us a distance nor my legs nor my will can cross. I wonder if you can see me, if you can turn around and look at me. I dream about you, I see you in the distant future surrounded by all sort of contraptions I can’t understand; and it seems like a world of magic. But I cannot defy time, Sunshine. I’m stuck in the past, not even a name on the pages of the history books that help you figure out how things were. I sit by the fire at night I imagine how perfect we would be, and I wonder what would happen if I die. Maybe I will be born closer to you. Maybe I will dissolve in space and time never to return again. In any case, it will be better. Yes, it will. Yes.
© Copyright 2011 Rene (renemarzuk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1789303-I-Look-at-You