*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1786491-Shivers
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Short Story · Other · #1786491
a girl whos dad died
"This should have been the perfect day. I should have been choosing an amazing gift for my dad. There was only one problem, my dad was dead. A week earlier, we got a call that said he fell off a building. For the past week, things have been hard. I won't eat. I won't sleep, and I won't speak. My brother has been rocking in his room for three days. My mother keeps saying she sees my dad everywhere she looks. I don't blame her. Ever since we saw the body at the hospital, I can't stop shivering. I feel as if my dads very being has penetrated my soul. I was in my room, lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling, when I felt a shiver rack my body so hard my bones rattled. I saw frost on my skin. First I thought my mother had left my windows open, but the I realized it was coming from inside me. I saw the frost move on my skin and gather at my shoulder. It formed into the shape of a hand and I instantly knew it was my dads hand. He wasn't really dead! I thought. But I had seen the body, so I thought this was a ghost. A rough outline appeared. It was the shape of my dad. As his features became more defined, I saw that he looked sad. I tried speaking to him, but he shook his head. That was all I could see of him. He looked like a floating head but he became more complete. he pointed to his mouth and I guessed he couldn't speak. He came closer and hugged me. His arms were cold, but I was warm inside. I knew then that his spirit had been living inside me, looking for a way out. As we stood there, my mom came in, no doubt to coax me out of bed. When she saw my dad, she started screaming. I tried to calm her down, but to no avail. She ran to my brothers room across the hall, came back with my brother in tow and a baseball bat in her hand. My brother ran at my dad but my mom held him back. As they were struggling, my dad seemed to say in my head,"I'll be back." Strangely, he never came back the same way twice. he popped up in the strangest places. Mostly at school because mom wasn't there. Over the years, I got used to my weird new life. My dad never left as I thought he had. He was always a corner away. And that's my story. Can I go now?"

"Sure miss.We have everything we need now.You may leave." The reporter replied.

"Let's go dad."I said. Then I left the police station, never to return.

© Copyright 2011 chelsea (poloko90 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1786491-Shivers