*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1785562-Bloodheart---Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1785562
Since I don't feel like it, I didn't create a Prolouge. Keep a look-out for Chapter 2!
A blood-red dog sat in her home in the Keeper-Place. She was snoozing in a pool of sunshine, thinking of her day, waiting for her Keepers to return home. She lifted her head, and lapped at her chest chest like a cat, and twitched one of her pointed ears, bored. She got up, and walked over to the food and water dishes, lapping up a few toungefulls of the slimey stuff. She'd much rather drink from the puddles in the yard...

Her name was Jessi, and she was the guard of this home while her Keepers were away.

She sat once more, scratching at her dark red spiked collar with on hind leg. The sound she had been waiting for came to her ears: The sounds of the Moving-Kennel pulling onto the driveway. She let out a gleeful bark, and raced over to the door, tail wagging wildly. One of the Keepers, a young male with brown head-fur, came in and hugged her, wrapping his arms around her broad shoulders. "Jack! You're home!" She licked his cheek in return, and looked up at the adult female Keeper. "Janet! Welcome back! I missed you!" She let hher tounge loll from her mouth, yipping in welcome. It had been days since her family had been home!

Janet recoiled, holding up a soft bundle closer to her shoulder. It let out a loud, ear-splitting wail, and the large male came in and grabbed her muzzle, holding it shut. Instincively, she growled, curling her lip a little bit, and jerked her head back, letting out a feirce bark. "Hey! Don't do that!" She growled, teeth showing a bit. He did it again, much rougher,and so tight it hurt. SHe squirmed, and wriggling back until he let go. The female Keeper went and sat down on the comfy thing Jessi used for naps while the family watched the Box.

Jessi padded over, and sniffed the bundle she carried. Inside was a tiny little thing. It looked like Jack before he got big... She tilted her head, giving a small growl of confusion. The female swung her hand, and slapped Jessi on the nose, who yelped, and ran off, ears flat.

Over the next few days, the family's attention was fully towards the new Keeper pup. She acted cute, but it screamed and all attention went to it in an instant. They even forgot to feed her some days. "Hey!" She would yelp. "You forgot about me!" She was kept outside now, too. In a musty-smelling, leaky old mini-home. Her pale yellow eyes sparked with confusion as she barked at them through the glass door. "What did I do wrong?" She demaned, saddened. She was ignored.

Jessi sniffled, and stared boredly at the fence. But wait.... there was something there!

(OK, I g2g, so I'm cutting this Chapter short. Be on the lookout for Chapter 2!)

(Peace out!)
© Copyright 2011 Spiritguide13 (spiritguide13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1785562-Bloodheart---Chapter-1