*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1782827-The-Dream
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1782827
A girl who finds herself in a forest meeting her death,Only to realise she was dreaming
    Pale faced and breathless Mia jerked herself upright. Everything was dark and the fear in her rose. Where the hell was she? She thought as she trembled. Her lips were slightly parted and her eyes were still adjusting to the dim moon light. She then realised that she was somewhere foreign, but she was not alone. She could hear the growls of animals behind her and she did not know if she should run or just stay calm. It was at that very moment that she felt a rock near her. She gripped it tightly and slowly turned around.

    The trees were ever so tall and the leaves which covered the ground were brown and broke under her feet. There was no sign of any living people, no houses or cabins, no lights, nothing just trees and leaves. She droped the rock and heard the dried leaves crackle as the weight of the rock lannded on it.

It was just then that she realised what was happening. She was brought her but for what reason. After a few seconds of contemplating, it hit her. She was brought her to be killed by something inhumane. She had to admitt she was terrified. Every hair on her body stood up but she had to be ready for it. This is what she was trained for.

    Although it was her first encounter with the super natural, she would ensure that she wan this battle.

    Mai ran futher into the woods. She felt her long hair hittingher back, her vision was not as clear as she wanted it to be but she would have to make do with it. Before she knew it , she was trapped. She could see a figure floating  she could also feel a dark presence behind her  and on he sides there two two.

    One threw right across her and at the same time she reached for her sword. With one swing a think black fluid leaked out of it body. Mia smiled in satisfaction as the other creatures shrieked as if angered. It was then that she actually saw what it was.Its black blood stained its purple feathers and its red eyes were wide open. They were Necrophils. At that moment she was sure that they were sent after her. It was a trap but she had to get out of there..the forest.

    Mia suddenly felt something pierce into her side. One of the Necrophils had attacked her. It had used its beak to injure her and she felt the hot liquid flowing out. She quickly placed her hand to the wound and yelped. She applied pressure to it but she knew she could not last much longer. At the same time two flew from the trees and were heading right for her. She ducked holding her side. The creatures flew back to the trees.

    She got up and another one flew at her. Mia gripped the sword and cut the creature in half. Another descended and another. She swang her sword with all the force she had and they fell to the dead leaves but there were more. They were coming so fast at her that she did not have any more strenght to fight them. She had to give in. So, she laid on the floor and covered her head. Mia could feel the creatures plunging their beaks into her back. It was the end.

    "Mia! Get up!" a voice echoed. 

What? She was confused.
© Copyright 2011 deep thinker (reknihtpeed at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1782827-The-Dream