*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1781899-This-is-about-Causes-of-Dyslexia
by Bonny
Rated: E · Article · Self Help · #1781899
Causes of Dyslexia.
                                                              WHAT IS DYSLEXIA

  Dysleix is a Specific Learning Disability. This means a disorder in one or more of the basic psychological processes involved in understanding or in using language, spoken or written, which may manifest itself in an imperfect ability to listen, speak, read, spell, or to do mathematical calculations. The term includes such conditions as perceptual handicaps, brain injury, minimal brain dysfunction, dyslexia and developmental aphasia. The term does not include children who have learning problems which are primarily the result of visual, hearing or motor handicaps of mental retardation of emotional disturbance or of environmental, cultural or economic disadvantage.

  Cognitive testing or IQ test should not be administerd on those who have + or -  6 numbers for spectacles or myopia.

  Also it cannot be administerd on those who have more than 35db (decibels) of sensory neuro loss i.e. hearing problem.



                                                                    OCCURENCE

1) In many forms- visual, auditory, motor, control, communication, logic,etc.

2) All socio economic classes

3) Co-occurs with communication/mild emotional and behavioural disorders as secondary handicap.



  Arising out of impairment in perception, conceptualization, language, memory, attention, logic and loco motor control.

   

                                                                LEARNING DISABILITY CAUSES



The four basic reasons:

1) ORGANIC : This is the damge to the child's brain when it is born. It can called minimal brain injury. This can be due to forcep  of a child during birth. This injury cannot be seen it happens inside the brain and cannot be realised until the child grows and shows the symptoms of Dyslexia.



2) BIOLOGICAL : This is called Intra Utrine Stage in medical terms. In simple language the Mental State of Mother during her pregnancy. This means that while a female is pregnant her temperament remains high or she becomes more tense, hyper sensitive. Maybe she is not happy or undergoes mental stress etc. The normal change in female during pregnancy should not be mistaken here. Its the extreme case/ change.



3) GENETIC : This is the 14th pair of chromosome. It means occurence due to genes. Father , mother, brother, sister or any near far relative has a history of dyslexia.



4) ENVIRONMENTAL : This means may be the child is not exposed to the world in a way that all his senses are used. Maybe he is in the enviroment of over protection by parents.  The child does not get a free playing enviroment.Also can be due to an environment where there is no love, lots of problems and quarrels in the family, stressful childhood, etc.

                                                   

     
© Copyright 2011 Bonny (spanisheyes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1781899-This-is-about-Causes-of-Dyslexia