*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1780140-A-Twist-On-The-Road
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Romance/Love · #1780140
Brandon Walker. He's my crush but maybe someday he can be more than that.
Brandon. That's the name of my crush, a seventeen year old guy, but seriously I have no chance with him. He's popular, everyone loves him and tons of girls have a crush on him too. He can literally have anyone he wanted. And me, I'm a no one. I'm basically a loner. I have friends but not close friends and after all I don't even think they're my friends they probably just feel sorry for me. My mom is barely home, she's always out doing things that she shouldn't be proud of. I'm home alone almost everyday. I worry about my mom and she cares about me. She works so that we can have a roof over our heads but after work she leaves. She goes partying and doing stuff. But nonetheless I love her. My dad died when I was young. I was so young that I don't even remember him. I'm in year eleven of school, seventeen years old and I have always been what I am right now. I baby-sit because sometimes my mom doesn't get enough money for us. I love kids but I don't plan on having any of my own.

"Hello?" I answered my phone.

"Hi, is this Sandra?" A female voice asked me. She was probably calling me so that I could baby-sit her kids.

"Yes, how can I help you?" I asked in my politest tone.

"Thank god, I found you." She laughed. "I'm Mariana Walker and I was hoping you could take care of my kids. Are you free today?"

"Yes, I am. I just need your address, how many kids there are and their age, and when." I smiled. I always liked getting work because that way we would have leftover money so that I could buy stuff that I needed and plus I loved to take care of kids. The only bad part about baby-sitting was that sometimes I had to baby-sit younger siblings from people from school and they would tease me about that. But to tell you the truth I didn't care.

"It's only an 8 year old girl and I live in 472 Hollins St. and if you could please come tonight at six p.m." She said impatiently. I looked over to the clock and it was already five o'clock.

"Yes, I'll be there by that time."

"Thanks darling, see you here." And then she hung up. I heard someone come in the house so I walked down stairs. It was my mom.

"Hey, honey." She smiled. My mom was pretty. She had long brown hair and gorgeous blue eyes.

"Hi, mom." I went and gave her a kiss in the cheek.

"I just came to change clothes." She smiled as if trying to make me feel better. She ran upstairs.

"Sandra, have you seen my yellow shirt, the one with one sleeve?" She yelled from upstairs.

"Yeah, mom. I washed it, it's in the dryer." I shouted back. She came running downstairs and went to the washing room. She came out already changed. She kissed me in the cheek and said 'bye.' I might as well start walking to the Walker's house or I probably wouldn't make it. I finally got there and I knocked on their front door.

"Hi, Mrs. Walker this is Sandra."

"I'm glad you could make it." She smiled. "Come in, my husband and I have to go to a meeting and Lily's older brother couldn't take care of her today." I was guessing Lily was the 8 year old.

"It's ok." I smiled.

"Lily come here!" Mrs. Walker shouted. A little brown haired girl came running to the entrance. She looked at me and smiled.

"Hi, I'm Lily." She said. Aww she was such a cute girl.

"Hi, I'm Sandra." I smiled. They walked into the living room so I followed them. A man came down the stairs and I knew that was Mr. Walker.

"We have to go but we'll be back by ten, thanks Sandra." She kissed Lily good-bye and they left.

"Brandon, come down and meet my pretty baby-sitter!" Awww-Wait Brandon. Please tell me that's not the Brandon I have a crush on. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I looked up and it was Brandon. Brandon Walker.
© Copyright 2011 ShawtyLove (shawtylove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1780140-A-Twist-On-The-Road