*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1776394-Blizzard--Part-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1776394
The blizzard continues, and Rowena is not unhappy about spending more time with Vincent.
I woke to a dark room, feeling warm and cozy beneath a pile of blankets. The crackling of the fire and shifting firewood must've woken me, and as my eyes adjusted to the firelight, I saw Vincent kneeling before the fireplace, arranging the firewood and stoking the fire until it blazed and crackled once again. I watched the sparks fly out and up into the air, feeling like I was still asleep and dreaming.

I must've sighed louder than I realized, because Vincent turned around to look at me. "Did I wake you?" he whispered, sliding the few feet across the floor until he was leaning on the couch right in front of me, his head on his hands, looking directly into my eyes. So close. If I hadn't been so sleepy, I would've been much more flustered by his closeness, but I was so relaxed, and just stared into his eyes, which were sparkling with the fire's reflection.

"Are you warm enough?" he asked. I smiled and nodded at him, and he smiled back, the warmest smile I'd seen from him all night. His hand brushed my cheek and brushed my hair back, and then he just kept combing thru my hair with his fingers. I realized how much I'd been wanting to feel him touch me like this and look at me so tenderly. Without a word, he stood up and moved to lay down behind me on the couch where we'd been sleeping somewhat tensely for the last few hours. And now we were laying close together again, with his arm wrapped around my ribs, holding me close to him. I could feel his breath on my ear and thought I could not feel more warm or secure anywhere else on earth.

"I'm glad you're here" he whispered. "Me too" I responded. "Really glad I didn't stay home."

"I would've come to rescue you." he reassured me. I smiled and snuggled deeper into the couch, my back pressed against his chest.

"I know Roger's glad Cindy's not alone, too" he went on. And as he spoke, he began brushing the hair away from my neck. I closed my eyes, the sensation of my bare neck exposed before him gave me chills. He didn't speak now, just kept brushing my hair back. I couldn't suppress a small gasp when I felt his lips graze my neck - that most sensitive spot on my neck. He hesitated for just a moment, and when I didn't protest, he kissed me again, so softly. But it sent little jolts of electricity thru my whole body, and I could feel my heart starting to beat faster, as I tried to keep my breathing under control. His hand moved to rest on my waist and his lips continued to move along my neck, so delicately, so slowly. Oh, I was being selfish, I just closed my eyes and let myself drift along with all the sensations I was experiencing.

Then I felt his hand on my chin, and he turned my face up towards his, and very gently touched his lips to mine. I opened my eyes to look into his dark burning eyes and felt such a rush of emotion, along with those feelings of warmth that were flooding my entire body. Then he was kissing me with more urgency and I was lost. I completely surrendered to his kisses and tried to match his urgency with my own. There was nothing and no one but the two of us, completely alone in this moment. There had been so much attraction and so much tension between us for so long that it was like a dam bursting, and I felt like I could just kiss him like this forever. Just the kissing was so erotic that I didn't dare think of what might come beyond. This was practically more than either of us could stand, these feelings were so overwhelming and my head was spinning.

Finally after what seemed like hours, he stopped and kissed my forehead, and dropped his head on my chest, both of us breathing heavy, consumed with a feeling of total bliss. Better than any drug that could ever be.
© Copyright 2011 Rowena2010 (rowena2007 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1776394-Blizzard--Part-2