*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1774993-The-Beginning
Rated: E · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1774993
Neovoice. A new world. A new beginning. This is the planets creation story.
The Beginning




The sword gleamed in the bright white light of the dwarf star as it flew past towards the atmosphere of the dead planet.  As it made it's descent into the aura of the cold rock it gained speed and became enveloped in a great ball of fire.  The fire slowly ceased and the sword plummeted towards the earth with an eerie dedication.  The impact was deafening, causing a massive rift to form beneath its wake.  Searing hot lava poured out onto the frozen ground, hardening instantly on contact, but ever flowing.  The lava was like the life essence of the once forgotten planet; blood encompassing the body.  The sword was drowned by this point, gone but not forgotten.

As if life soared through it's iron hilt, the sword continued to plunge itself deeper and deeper into the belly of the planet.  It aimed for the core.  It aimed for it's purpose.  As the sword broke through the last barrier between it and the molten heart, the blade divided, cloning itself into six equal parts and taking station at each axial point of the core.  All six began to push into the soft molten sphere, like the doctor pricking you with the needle.  Once the blade was fully submerged and the hilt was all that was left to be seen, the swords, in unison, began to turn, pulling the core in the opposite direction of rotation.  The hilts grew brighter as the heart pumped harder.  The whole planet, still bleeding lava began to move forward.  It continued spinning, but now orbit was a fleeting memory, and the large rock began to hurl itself away from its dying sun.

It soared across its solar system, exiting into the rural areas of it's galaxy, eventually spilling into the universe and bulleting onwards towards the darkest point of the night sky.  The lava stopped flowing, chilled by space and hardening rapidly.  Asteroids bombarding the planets surface opened old wounds, but they quickly sealed again.  The planet hurtled forward, the surface smoothing and rounding under an unknown force.

The rock stopped.  It stopped as suddenly as it had started.  It continued to spin, but slower now, and not forward.  A perspective look from the eyes of the earth would see its new surroundings.  A hot young sun, a large Jupiter like planet, and several smaller soldier type planets to ward off threats.  Quickly the grass will grow.

An atmosphere formed by magic, rain falling from a rift in time and space.  The oceans flowed over the once molten rivers, and surrounded the earth.  Large quakes shook the planet, breaking massive monstrosities of rock floating upwards to the surface of the ocean still hinged to the gravity and heat below.  Grass grew quickly.  In seconds the continents were covered in vegetation, mountains, hills, caves, energy, and temporal anomalies to be discovered and explored.

The rain began to move, ceasing in some areas, a cycle developing.  This is Neovoice.  The New Earth.  The new land of the peoples.  And the people are coming.  This is The Beginning.
© Copyright 2011 Shaun McKinnon (shaunmckinnon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1774993-The-Beginning