*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1766919-Unshakable-Soul
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1766919
A short personal and emotional journey for a fictional protagonist.
I stand on this unknowing sand while the army marches onward. I just tilt my head up and grin at my undeniable death as it takes it’s sweet time making me sweat. This desert may not know what is about to take place on top of it but it is not an “idiot”. Before the dead bodies hit the ground and their blood mixes with the dirty sand. I will learn a lifetimes worth within this wasteland from just watching one happy grain of sand drift on because it likes being pushed by the resilient wind. The knowledge I just gained will aid in the destruction and disarray of this unquenchable army. The first one falls and nothing but a nasty solemn grimace shows upon my face. A fresh drop of blood splashes my cheek. The subtlety of the drop barely even gets my attention as I slash and brashly bash my enemy. If an observer appeared before us they might just see a man fighting off his enemy or they might see a vampire taking advantage of the situation. The last body begins to fall but I stop it from hitting the ground as if another dead body smashing the ground with it's lifelessness would be a tragedy. After all these corpses are just my enemy's and there is no animosity towards them. I walk away and wonder if I have changed but looking back on that last body on the ground I know that I have for the better.
© Copyright 2011 Andrew Hoth (hyman15 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1766919-Unshakable-Soul