*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1763734-Road-Trip
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Lauren
Rated: 13+ · Other · Drama · #1763734
A story for teens, the joy and freedom of driving...
I have been anticipating this for months! I finally get to take a road trip, just me and my girls. We're your typical 17 year olds; we're just looking for a good time. When I think of a good time, I see the beach. It's full of hot guys and clubs, places to shop, and we can't forget the hot tubs!



"Are you sure you have everything?" my mother asks for the fifth time.



"YES mom, can we please go now!?" I say, not meaning to yell at her.



After my mother's confirmation, we all three hop in my brand new, cherry red, convertable BMW. My best friends Melanie and Amanda are tagging along with me. Together, we are completely wild.



"So do you think I could pass for 18?" Melanie asks Amanda and I.



"Mmmm, maybe." I think about it for a second, "or you could just flirt with the door man like last time."



"Ha, he definitely flirted with me first and he was only 21, he could pass for my age."

She sounded almost proud that she'd almost went home with the door man. Who knows what would have happened? I know I said we were wild but Amanda and I have a good head on our shoulders. Melanie, on the other hand, is slighty ditzy and, as you can see, goes for the older guys.



"OH YEAH!" Melanie yells, inturrupting the silence and putting in her CD.

Amanda and I smile when we realize what it is. Here lately we've really gotten into Ke$ha. Her music is prefect for this trip and really gets us in the mood to party.



'This trip shouldn't take too long, we're making good progress' I think to myself.

I guess I thought too soon..



"I really have to pee!" Amanda says from the back seat.



"Me too, kinda." Melanie adds.



I took the nearest exit to go find them a bathroon. When we finally pulled up at a rest stop, Amanda practically flew out of the car with Melanie following close behind her. I watch as they dissapear behind the large black door. As I sit there, I realize that this place isn't exactly what you would call welcoming. The paint was chipping off of the building, there were empty bottles laying all over the ground, the doors looked rusty at the hinges, and the fact that it was dark didn't help at all. My car was the only one in the parking lot except for this creepy looking blue truck. It was an older model, you could tell by the rusted doors and the way the letters were falling off of the back. I suddenly glanced at the clock. 'Good Lord! They've been in there almost fifteen minutes!' I remember looking at the clock when they got out. It was about 8:40. Now it's pushing 9:00.



Slightly aggrivated and confused, I open my door and get out of my car. It's chilly out; colder than it was when we left. I zip up my jacket and walk up the broken sidewalk. When I attempt to open the huge door to go inside, I realize that I don't hear Melanie's loud mouth. 'She is never quiet', I think to myself, getting more and more anxious each second. I stepped inside the girls bathroom, expecting it to look raggedy just like the outside. Of course, I'm right. The sinks were rusty and had stains all in them, the doors to the stalls looked as if they might fall off if you tried to open them, and the weirdest part, it was empty. I got chills when I saw that my friends were nowhere to be found. 'Where ARE they??' Right then I heard a car crank.

"Greaaat," I say to myself, "now they're leaving me."

I run outside to see the old blue truck slowly pulling away. Without realizing what I was doing, I start to walk over towards it. Whoever was driving must have saw me because they stopped backing up. I get close to the window when it begins to roll down.



"Can I help ya?" the dark shadow says from the drivers seat. I can't see a thing except for the outline of his face and the ballcap on his head.



"Ummm, I was actually wondering if you had seen my two friends go in there a few minutes ago", I point back to the small building.



"Naw ma'am, I sure haven't. I got turned around somehow and decided to stop for a while."



"Oh, alright. Thanks." There is something about this man that I don't like and I just can't pinpoint what it is. He just has this creepy tone to him. Was he lying to me? Had he seen Melanie and Amanda?



"You need a ride somewhere young lady?", he says, interrupting my thoughts.



"No, I don't. Thanks, but I'm gonna go look for my friends.."



"Well hows about you let me help ya?"



"Nah, I got it." I say as I walk off towards the building.

Just when I reach the sidewalk, I hear a car door shut. I know it's him. What doesn't he get? I don't want his help. I can't stand the feeling of someone following me, and this makes me speed up to a jog. My heart is pounding and I can hear a ringing in my ears. This isn't a situation I ever thought I'd be in. I hadn't been paying attention to where I was running and somehow I ended up behind the rest stop. I'm running out of breath and I have to stop. Wheezing from being so out of shape, I stop, leaning against the cold, rough brick. I look behind me and, to my surprise, there was nobody there. I could have sworn that there was someone chasing me!

Just then I look down and see a puddle of dark liquid. It almost looked like oil. When Iook down to my feet, I see that it isn't oil at all; it's blood.
© Copyright 2011 Lauren (lbug95 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1763734-Road-Trip