*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1761659-Friendship
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Animal · #1761659
Friendship is unnecessary, but it gives value to survival.
Itto and Vido  were two happy dogs who lived in Japan.  They roamed all over the place together and had great fun. They were never scared when the earth shook a little and continued chasing each other as this was the greatest fun that they ever had.  But this morning things were different; the earth shook without stopping, the sea roared so loud that they ran without knowing where to go. They ran as fast as they could but lot of stuff kept falling from top and they ducked and ran all around. But unfortunately they got separated, but kept on running in their own way.  At last the shaking and roaring stopped and all that could be heard was screaming and crying.

Itto looked for his friend but couldn’t see him anywhere.  He climbed through the rubble and ran all over the place calling for Vido.  He saw some dogs lying here and there and lot of people who were not even moving.  He knew something terrible had happened but did not know what it was. He was cold and scared, and could not find his family and his best friend, Vido.  Itto was so tired after running all over the place and stopped for awhile to look around to see if Vido was anywhere, he could not hear or see him, but did not give up looking for his dear friend.  Something in his mind told him to keep on moving in a particular direction and he did so.  There was a little pond and he went and looked inside it, but there was no Vido, he climbed a little mound of rubble but there was no sign of his friend.  He ran down a heap of trash and saw some dogs lying there, “Vido, Vido,” he shouted as he ran towards the dogs and started smelling the motionless dogs.  “Who is this?” he told himself anxiously as he saw a dirty dog that looked just like Vido.  He ran to the dog felt him and smelt him.  “Vido, Vido, I found you,” he barked with happiness.  But something was wrong with him; he was not jumping or wagging his tail.  He checked him all over and found out that he was injured.  He sat there quietly looking at him.  Vido slowly moved his leg and Itto jumped with joy; next he tried to lift his head, “Oh, no,” said Itto when he saw the blood on the ground and he went and gently pushed his head down with his paw asking him not to move.  He looked at his dear friend with those sad doggy eyes and told him, “Be still, my friend, and I will get some humans to help you.”  He ran towards some people who wore long coats and hard hats and were taking wounded people somewhere.  He barked and wagged his tail at a man who looked at him with kind eyes and said,”Ohoy boy, what do you want?  Do you need some help?”  “Yes,” barked Itto and gently pulled at his long coat.  The man looked at his buddies and said he was going to see what the dog wanted.  Itto led him straight to his friend and had his life saved.  Yes, little Vido needed a friend to save his life.

“Friendship is unnecessary,” Can man survive without friends?  Of course he can.  All that you need for survival is four walls and a roof above. You can live in a house with the basic necessities and you can live in a house that is artfully decorated. Having a philosophy in life and living by it gives satisfaction to the mind and living in a beautiful surrounding is a pleasant feast to the eye. 

          In the beginning when God created man, “the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him…and He made a woman, and brought her unto the man.”  So, God himself decided that man is a social creature and he needs friends to understand the value of life.  There are people who find it hard to live alone and there are people who are loners.  Look into the life of loners, many of them get into serious trouble and so many of them have become serial killers and murderers. Children who do not mingle with others are the ones who cause a great amount of trouble and tragedy in schools. Life without friends is like preparing a tasty dish and serving it unattractively. You can make all the money you want in life and breeze through life without a single friend or you can have very little wealth but have a host of friends, help them by words or actions, and make living worthwhile.



© Copyright 2011 Magnolia (dhason at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1761659-Friendship