*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1755666-Dak-KingThe-Actaeon-Series-Prologue
Rated: 13+ · Other · Romance/Love · #1755666
Will they be able to find the females in time before the Moris win? Or will everyone die?
It's dark and quiet, except for the slight squeak from his boots as he was running across the asphalt. Rounding the corner he heard soft breathing, it's three of them he concluded, and then caught the affirming scent of lemon. He smiled wickedly, and reached down into the holster around his waist pulling out a small, hand knife, designed specifically for  killing Moris. Using his heightened senses he could see them approaching a family of three who were walking outside of the convenience store.

"But mom," he heard a young boy whine, "Why couldn't I get it, it was just three dollars."

"Son, we just can't afford to get it this time, maybe next time okay?" the father, Adrian guessed, said soothingly trying to calm down the young boy.

"Not this time," Adrian thought as he saw Moris preparing to pounce.

He would have to be extra careful this time to the unsuspecting humans. He couldn't let them see what and who not only he but the Moris really were. The Moris didn't care to keep the secret but he did. Lord only knows if humans were to know what was really lurking in the shadows at night.

As the humans turned around and saw the dark haired Moris the Moris grabbed them.

"Damn it, I'm too late," Adrian cursed while running towards them closing the distance in between.

"Let them go, you pieces of shit." He yelled coolly getting there attention distracting them from the humans.

The mom and the little child got away, but the mom stopped when she noticed the father wasn't with them.

"Run!" the man yelled towards his wife and child when he was captured and held by the neck by his captor. They seemed to have some sense and ran away.

"Well, well, well, one the Actaeon members," the tallest of them, most likely the leader said. He smiled widely his fangs showing. "It wouldn't have been any fun if we didn't see one of you here."

Adrian smirked, "Well I wouldn't have wanted to upset you. So how about you let the man go and we handle our business here like true males."

"Who... who are you? And what do you want?" the man questioned frantically trying to look around but his neck was held fast.

"I want your soul. And because the rest of my meal got away, I'm going to make this painful for you and that guy over there won't be able to save you it's three of us and only one of him."

Adrian threw one of his knives at one of the Moris that was on the right of the tallest. A groan of pain caused the tallest one to stop his yakking and look at his fallen comrade. His gaze instantly went back to Adrian his face furious.

"What the hell did you do?"

"Finally shut you up. You Moris always talk to damn much. And it might be only one of me but it could be twenty of you and I could still kick all of your asses."  Adrian smirked and threw another knife at the Moris that was on the left and he grabbed his right leg that was now pierced with the weapon.

"You're going to pay for that." Adrian raised an eyebrow at him.

As the two Moris that were hit staggered to stand up the Leader bit the male's neck and he cried out in pain. Immediately, Adrian was behind him and stabbed him in the middle of the back careful not to hurt the man that was in front. The Moris disintegrated and the human fell unconscious to the ground.

"Now for you two."

Walking toward them with the knife in his hand the remaining Moris took off running.

"Damn this stupid cowardly Moris." Adrian said out loud frustrated they got away.

He heard a groan coming from the male on the ground. Calling 911 to come pick this man up Adrian erased all of the memories of the fight. Looking at his neck he sealed the wound up. Next time the Moris were going down.

Adrian left before the cops could find him and ask him what happened. He strolled lethally down the alley's in search of his enemy careful not to make a sound while searching for the scent of lemon. He wondered where all of the Moris's went. Moris's are sons of the dark one, and they proved what their name meant to a full extent. They are evil life sucking beings that have to feed off of a human soul to live. They capture their victim sinking their teeth into their neck and sucking away not just the blood of the human but also their soul. You could tell when you were in the presence of a Moris by their smell, because they reeked of lemon.

Moris are in a battle with the vampires, and Adrian being the king of vampires had to ensure that his people were taken care of. Moris came about a long time ago by one unlucky vampire that fell into the hands of The Dark One. Once he was turned he felt lonely he tried going back to his family, who would not accept him or what happened to him. Mad he bit into a vampire thinking that he could also take the soul of him, but that's not what happened. The next day the other Vampire awakened, and he found out that he was a Moris. And once they were changed for a month they changed into different people. Greedy for power hungering for souls.



That's where Adrian and his brothers stepped in. Adrian wasn't only the king of vampires he was also in the brotherhood. The brotherhood better known as The Actaeon Warriors go out, and try to win the war against the Dark One. Every night they stumble across Actaeon's trying to suck the souls out of innocent by standers, but the Brotherhood did their best to try, and kill them all. The Moris, and the Dark One's had declared a war against the vampire race, and the main problem was that there are only 5 brothers. Only the best warriors were chosen to be a member upon the Actaeon, and you are all like brothers taking care of each other ensuring not only yours but other people's safety.


The brothers showed no mercy when it came to their enemy's. It was sad seeing your old friends turn into one of those evil soul takers, and it made you feel even worse having to kill them, but once you were a Moris there is no going back. You're that way forever until one of the Actaeon brothers kill you.


None of them were related but knowing what it's like on the field, and everyone taking care of each other, somehow just created a special bond between all of you. There use to be hundreds of brothers all living together all caring for one another, but this war is taking them out like flies. Adrian only had five brothers left, and he was going to do is damned best to make sure that he didn't lose any other ones.

Adrian thought about his brothers Darius, Julius, Andrew, Thanos, and Agapios wondering if they were finding anything out tonight it was strange, and it worried him that the Moris were being a little on the down low lately. He wondered if they were planning some big strategy against the brothers. Adrian pulled out his phone telling his brothers to meet him at the house.
© Copyright 2011 Ericka Y. (babychicky14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1755666-Dak-KingThe-Actaeon-Series-Prologue