*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1748751-Sams-Brilliant-Idea
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1748751
Find out how Sam Spider manages to find his way out of a crisis of creativity!

Sam, being a very creative spider, is only interested in one thing. Spinning webs. He's spins big webs, little webs, and even the occasional elaborately designed web. Sam has even spun his best buddy, Artie, a new pair of ear muffs. Normally Sam was very busy spinning, not today though. Today Sam was having a crisis of creativity.

He thought and thought about what his next project could be. He started spinning Artie a hat, but he couldn't get the pattern just so. He tried creating a doily to surprise Artie's Mom on her birthday, but he couldn't get the spiral just so. This bothered Sam so much, that he just wanted to hide under the dresser for the rest of the day.

Sam decided that he needed a vacation. He packed himself a little red knapsack on a stick and headed out into the real world. He knew that Artie would miss him, but he needed to find some inspiration. Just before he rounded the corner at the end of the street, he took one more glance back at the little house in the middle of the block and noticed a small playground on the next corner.

He turned around and crept back up the block to the tree shaded park. That's when he saw the swing. The metal of the chains glinted in the sun as Sam got to work formulating a plan. He decided that he would build Artie a magnificent swing just like the one at the playground. He hurried home, dropping his knapsack along the way.

Sam climbed the biggest tree in the backyard and got to work. Up and down the tree he went, hanging threads of web behind him. When he was satisfied that the supports of the swing were stout enough, he started crafting the seat, tightly weaving the web into a half basket of sorts. Before he knew it, the sun had started to come up and his work was done.

The proud spider's latest work of brilliance glistened in the rays of the sun. The morning dew added a shimmering effect, making the swing appear even more spectacular than the one he had seen the previous day. Exhausted, Sam climbed into Artie's open window where he spun a spider sized hammock and dozed, with a big smile on his tiny face.
© Copyright 2011 Mo Lovelly (molovelly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1748751-Sams-Brilliant-Idea