*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1747377-Day-1-The-flight-3182010
Rated: 18+ · Prose · Travel · #1747377
3rd entry from "Scribblebugs circumnavigation of the planet"
Day 1: The flight 31.8.2010



The flight from Jersey was uneventful. We were half an hour late leaving on the BA 8040, which is a usual occurrence. Jersey looked quaint and beautifully landscaped as we flew away from our former abode. My sentimental moment was quenched when a little girl who must have been about 4 years old persistently kicked the back of my seat while asking her mother a million questions:



“When are we going to be in the sky?”

“Why do I have to wear a seat-belt?”

“How do you know our suitcases are on the plane?”

“Am I allowed sleep on the plane?”



She was very cute but Jeez, I am glad I don’t have children yet! Although, it would be fun to answer their questions with imaginative answers, like, “we will be in the sky as soon as the clouds lower to the runway” or “you are only allowed to sleep on the plane if you have a cat called Cleo and you like turnips, otherwise, you have to stay awake!”.

Also, what is it about travelling that makes people act like their parents never taught them any manners? Some old bird got off the plane in Gatwick and demanded of two young boys that they give up a seat for her! Which is fine, as she was a fossil, but two seconds before she started roaring, a young gentleman asked her if she wanted his seat and she sneered at him! Mental eh?

Also, why do people try to get to the front of the queue to get on the plane when seats are pre-assigned? Maybe they usually fly with Ryanair?

© Copyright 2011 Loren Cadhla Long (scribblebugs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1747377-Day-1-The-flight-3182010