*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1745899-capers
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Fiction · Fantasy · #1745899
just a story ive been working on for a few days.
CapersBy Jordin Brown

Prologue

“The newest super hero runs around during the day wearing black and looking like a crazy person!” the host says to me. Why was I here? Oh yeah I said I knew the hero. I shrug.
“I made first name acquaintance with her.” I say. “Her name is The Red Ace.” The host looks at me, a stunned look on his face.
“How did this become possible?” The host asks.
“She rescued me from getting mugged.” I answer. The host nods.
“So you’re saying that the Red Ace is not a menace?” The host says. I nod. “So she really is a hero?” The host says. “You know the government will try to silence you and the Red Ace from society if you two try to get the public to see the good side of there being a super hero. What with all the budget cuts and what not.” The host smiles.
“So you’re saying that the Red Ace and I will both be put in jail?” I say to the host. “Well one thing I have to say.” I stand up and unbutton my long coat. “The Red Ace and I are the same person.”
I snicker and turn off the television. They never expected that. I walk out of my house and into the media sharks. I’m glad that I was able to pull that off. I smile and wave to the cameras. I get in my car and drive off, they never knew where I went, I made sure of that. I drive down a dark alley way and bring my car to a stop before getting out and going into a secluded home of my friend Cell. Cell comes over and greets me with a kiss as he leads me to a room with the real Red Ace. Today was the day she passed on all she learned to her only child. I go into the room and sit next to my mother’s bed. I smile as she takes my hand and transfers all her knowledge to me. That was one good thing about my deranged family, the transference of knowledge from one member to the next. My abilities were to transfer knowledge and blend in with society and surroundings when I’m not needed or wanted. I feel all the family knowledge of the Aces passed down to me. My history practically takes over my brain as I take it all in. I feel my mother’s hand loosen as she fades into the air. Tears roll down my face as I start crying as she transfers even this moment into my mind.
“I love you so much.” My mom whispers before she disappears, leaving only her warmth on my hand and memories and knowledge in my mind. I stand up and turn to face Cell.
“Ace, I’m so sorry for your loss.” Cell says as he hugs me tightly. I nod.
“It’s time.” I say as I pull out a remote and blow my house up. Cell smiles and we head to the bathroom so he can help me change my appearance. The day before I had gone shopping and bought dark red hair dye, and black attire to wear for the next few days until Cell and I moved to a quaint little town where both he and I could live quietly and do our hero thing in the dark of the night and in the shadows of early morning.Cell comes over and smiles at me looking straight into my eyes just as someone knocks on the door.
“Hey, I was told that I could find the one called Cell here.
© Copyright 2011 r.j. brown (finfin_93 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1745899-capers