*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1745144-Gone-crazy-leave-a-message
Rated: E · Other · Contest · #1745144
Did you ever wonder what it would be like to hear the angels on your shoulder argue?
So I woke up this morning to the sounds of an argument. The only problem is that I live alone. I lay very still with my eyes closed breathing evenly to try and appear asleep.

"I think today you should take a vacation. Let her spend the day being wild and doing what she wants to instead of what she feels like she has to."

"I don't make her do anything, she is naturally a nice person. Maybe you need to take a vacation."

I opened my eyes just a little to see who was talking. When I saw who, or maybe I should what was talking, I closed my eyes again and decided that today, I had officially lost my mind. When I opened my eyes, I could have sworn there were two little angels on either side of me, talking over the top of my head. Okay, so maybe I'm not really awake, maybe I'm still dreaming. I rolled my eyes around in their sockets...nope, I'm awake. Oh crap, I have gone crazy! The argument between the little angels broke into my thoughts.

"I bet she wouldn't be such a goody two shoes if you weren't always hounding her conscience."

"I don't hound her conscience, I simply give her suggestions to follow, same as you. It's not my fault that she's smart and listens to me more."

I decide that since I'm already crazy, I might as well join in the discussion.

"How about if both of you stop arguing. I am who I am and I do what I do depending on the situation. I need both of my angels to give me balance. A person can't have good without bad, or bad without good, so I need both of you to do your jobs and stop being jealous of each other."

The little angels were dumbstruck.

"How can you hear us?",the one on my right asked.

"Yeah", said the one on my left, "you are human, you shouldn't be able to do that."

"I don't know", I replied, "I think maybe I've gone nuts. Why are you asking me anyway? You two are the angels, aren't you supposed to know everything?"

"Well, we've never had this problem before."

We just sat there, my angels and I, looking at each other in silence. I had the sudden urge to bound from the bed and scream like a loon. When this feeling hit me, I noticed the  angel on my left smiling wickedly and glowing with a red aura.

"Oh no you don't", I said. "You won't be pulling any pranks on me until we figure this thing out. I already feel crazy, I definitely don't need to behave as if I am." Maybe, I thought to myself, I should go get checked out by a doctor. I did hit my head pretty hard yesterday on an open cabinet door. That was when I had my a-ha! moment. These two little angels were simply hallucinations from when I bumped my head yesterday. Or were they?
© Copyright 2011 angelsbeth (bethp1980 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1745144-Gone-crazy-leave-a-message