*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740653-From-the-Darkness-Reborn
Rated: E · Short Story · Dark · #1740653
Was it a dream or some twisted reality?
The light it follows me.. I hear whispers behind me but the light distracts me. I can feel the warmth almost burning my skin on one side yet on the other I feel a cold breeze. It's dark there, I think the whispers come from there. They call me, call my name... Others whisper things about me as if there was a crowd watching and I was the show. They're critics waiting for me to make a move, to think, to speak. Without the slightest thought the form of words come out of my mouth "I don't understand" I spoke.. The whispers quickly became louder, there were more, were they people? Soon they were just voices speakingg, each time growing louder and louder. They grew into yells and screams.

My hearing went insane, it went hand in hand with a headach. It was unbearable. I kneeled down. My arms wrapped around my head, I kept getting closer and closer to the ground until I collapsed there. Time slowed down, I could see them all around me mocking me as if I were a comedy act. They giggled, laughed, even cried from laughing so hard and I laying there, struggling to compose myself, to find a way to get up. My body was numb, hard to move... I looked around one last time...

In the other end, away from the crowd I saw someone who looked just like me. She looked determined yet broken, her hands went to her chest and started tearing the skin. Light poured out, the voices quieted down, the pain was gone, they were gone. All that was left was me on the floor still and her. She was slowly walking towards me. The light grew brighter with each step, soon she was next to me. She kneeled down, wrapped her arms around me and said a soft "You're ok now". All of the sudden it all went dark again, I heard people around me once again. They weren't mocking me, they weren't laughing; they were concerned. I opened my eyes and quickly sat up to find my family all around me; I was in a hospital bed. They rushed over to me, all asking one thing "Are you ok??". I remembered the light and softly said "I'm ok now". That night I learned that I had had an accident and a total stranger saved my life.
© Copyright 2011 r0ckgirl (r0ckgirl21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740653-From-the-Darkness-Reborn