*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1731830-Breaking-Point
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1731830
Breaking Point, a story about a man, who is sick of life and does something about it.
Things were normal at the D90 office building in New York City. The building was only a couple of miles away from Time Square so it had a great view of New York, and yet, I was on the bottom, walking into my horrible job. The lobby of the building smelt like a doctor’s office sense they had just moped the tiled floors. “Good morning, Mr. Tubon,” the receptionist said in such a jolly mood. “Mr. Koski would like to see you.”

Great, now time to see what the boss now…. Mr. Tubon has had many claims of being accused of murder, but no one really knows if he did it or not. Bing goes the elevator when it’s here. I walked into the elevator and hit the button that said 5F. You could feel the gears vibrating, shifting and turning operation the elevator. Bing, it goes again. There was a long narrow hallway with only one office in it and on the door it labeled “Mr. Koski, The Manager.” I walked through the hallway…. It was silent; the only noise that was going on was my foot hitting the floor, I was at the door, I reached for the knob, and turned it. “Mr. Tubon, please sit down.” I walked fully into the room and shut the door, I had to feeling that I was being watched…. carefully. Once I sat down, Mr. Koski said trying to act like a friend, “How are you Mr. Tubon?” I just glared at him…. “So you’re not going to answer me? Anyhow… I have some bad news….” Mhmm great, let’s see what’s going on now….. “We’re going to have to let you go.” Now here is where all my hurt feelings attack the boss… “What the fuck, you need me more than anyone! This is bullshit!” I scream, my face getting red with anger. “You will not speak to me with that kind of language, Mr. Tubon.” He said.

I pulled my hair back and let it back down, and dropped my hands, and noticed something…. There was a .45 caliber pistol in my pocket, first the good question is how it got there, and the second question is what should use it for… I started to pull the pistol out of my pocket. “Well…. Are you going to say anything?” Mr. Koski questioned. I lifted the gun up and pointed it at him…. And pulled the trigger, there was a loud pop; Mr. Koski fell to the floor. Blood splattered to the window behind his desk and on the desk. His dark blood starting pouring out of his body, the floor became red by his body. I stood up off from the chair I was sitting on and walked over to his body, and stared… took my foot, and smashed it into his face.

I looked out the window and saw the view of New York City from the 5th floor and started to think; Jail, court, the rest of my life in a grey hard box, now I have to stand up to that shit also. I started to walk to the window, took my fist, and punched the window. The glass wasn’t hard but it was sharp. Blades of glass were on the floor, falling down to the ground outside, and in my hand. The hole in the window was big enough for me to jump out of… I bent down a little and jumped. The last minute of my life was hearing people screaming and the noise the ambulance made. It was the best time of my life.
© Copyright 2010 Guest1738 (guest1738 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1731830-Breaking-Point