*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1721074-Wicked-DreamsPart-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by HJ
Rated: 18+ · Other · Dark · #1721074
Wicked Dreams: Part 1
Nobody saw it coming. The black smoke filled the sky and everything was faint in sight. The grayish figure walking closer towards me seemed holographic. Like a dream, except this was no dream...it was a nightmare. I attempted to pull my pistol but the man, if it was a man, batted it from my grip as soon as I tried.
"This is not your destiny." said the man diminished in tone. His words were slow as if he were forcing them from the back of his mind.
I began to crawl with my arms as I drug my limp body behind me. I said nothing. The only focus on my mind was the twenty gage lying six feet away. Six feet seems far but not far for my recently deceased comrade who was still wrenching the handle with his cold dead hand.
"Your actions are of no use." said the man. "The only thing you are postponing is my exposition."
I was so close to the shotgun. I could smell the smoke from my fallen friends last shot. This made me crawl with intensity.
"You should be listening to me!" spoke the man firmly yet with great ease as he dug his foot deep into my back. I couldn’t help but let out a scream when I began to feel my ribs cracking.
" Why?" I cried. "Why would I listen to you?"
I heard myself sounding desperate. I was desperate, desperate for an answer to my question. "Why would I listen to the thing that just killed my entire unit?"
"Save you!" exclaimed the man.
"WHY SAVE ME!?!?"
The mans' foot slowly released my back from it force. He took a slow breathe and exhaled even slower.
"Because, Mr. Stone, you are the only one who can save me."

Read more: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=517633761&blogI...
© Copyright 2010 HJ (harleyjames at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1721074-Wicked-DreamsPart-1