*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1719927-con-of-strory-im-doing-with-a-friend
Rated: · Other · Dark · #1719927
a contuation of a story i'm cowriting with Morbid Ink of Fate,
Brilliant Dark blue eyes could be seen beneath her long raven hair that thrashed about her body; as she staggered about the flames and ruins of the crash. As she came more into view Endor could see the damage done to her body was extensive and yet she walked, with a pained expression that could be seen upon her face as she surveyed her surroundings.

Jamie couldn’t believe the amount of destruction before her eyes. Everything was burning; moaning could be heard from all over and the smell of smoke was strong in the air as a black fog blanketed the area. There was only one patch of ground not affected by all the chaos and one lone man with a black war horse beside him within that patch. He looked just as wounded as all the other men that were not severely affected by the crash. “Was there a battle taking place here?” she thought to herself as she approached the man. When she finally reached him she found him collapsed and unconscious. Looking around she found no others she could save. All of those who could walk were limping away and the rest were either dead or were unsalvageable.

She gingerly walked up to the horse and tried to touch him. The horse reared back with its front legs in the air. Jamie quickly grabbed the reins and pulled him down with efficiency. “Calm down, if you want to save your master please bear with me for a while.” she said looking into the horse’s eyes as she petted him gently on his muzzle. She guided the horse down and with all her strength pulled the man onto the horses back. Using her previous knowledge of horse- back riding she hopped onto the horse behind the man to make sure he wouldn’t fall off and with a kick to the horse’s flank she was off.

She arrived at a shallow cave and decided to take shelter there. Jamie didn’t know how much longer she could hold out. Exhausted and wounded herself she knew it wouldn’t be long. She brought the horse inside and once again with all her strength moved the man off the horse and leaned him up against the cave wall. She noticed many exposed flesh wounds upon the soldier’s body. “I have to mend them the best I can.” she thought. She removed the heavy breastplate that was strapped around his torso and using the cloth from his shirt she dressed his wounds.

As she looked him over to make sure there were no more wounds that needed attention a sudden thought occurred to her. “What if he wasn’t a nice man? What if he were to take control over her like most war hungry warriors?” she thought to herself. But there was always the possibility that he was really a good guy, like those knights in the story books. He certainly looked the part. She limped to the entrance of the cave and looked out at the sunset. “Where exactly am I?” she pondered. “Oh no! Its almost night. I should make a fire.” she said aloud. Gathering all the firewood she could find she piled it up close to where she had laid the man and ever so slowly but surely started a fire. She sat down across from the man and sighed. She could feel the pain from her own wounds kicking in. Covered in blood and her once nice dress was now ruined and barely clinging to her body. She could feel her conscious slipping and the world faded into darkness.
© Copyright 2010 alawhan (alawhan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1719927-con-of-strory-im-doing-with-a-friend