*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1719066-A-Child-Called-It-Reviw
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Review · Action/Adventure · #1719066
It is a reviw of a book
Do you think you have it bad in your family? Read A Child Called “It” by Dave Pelzer and I’m sure you will have a different perspective on that. Beaten by his mother who is an alcoholic, Dave made a promise to overcome his brutal life, just to prove his mother wrong who said he could never survive. A Child Called “It” is a fast-paced heart wrenching biography of one child in the fight for his life, where every day could be his last.
Dave is the main character who against all odds has survived his mother’s abuse. When no options were left, and it looked like the end was near, Dave kept pushing, a constant fight for his life. Against all odds Dave has survived his mother’s abuse. Dave, this 12 year old child has overcome and accomplished so much with no instruction, its mind boggling.
A Child Called “It” takes place in an unsafe environment that Dave calls home. With a horrendous mother who favors every one of her children except Dave. As Dave’s brothers are outside having a grand time, Dave is trapped inside his house that is comparable to a death chamber. Atrocious chores are assigned that must be completed every day within a specific, almost impossible time period. If not done in the expected time punishments unbelievable will come into play on top of his everyday beatings.
I was astounded by the decisions Dave had to make in order to survive, it was appalling. A young child having to make such bare, chilling, unpleasant decisions. Outrageous in my opinion. Who in their sane mind would put a child through so much

torment? Locking their very own child in a bathroom filled with toxic cleaning supplies mixed together in a bucket, burning Dave, and the worst part enjoying it. So much hate rid comes from his mother. “You are a nobody! An it! You are nonexistent! You are a **** child! I hate you and I wish you were dead! Dead! Do you hear me! Dead!” In this quote shows just how much Dave's mother really does hate him. It impacted Dave so much he entitled the book A Child Called “It”
From the very beginning of the book my heart went out to Dave because I felt so bad for the little guy. A Child Called “It” reminded me that abuse does happen and it does need to stop. When my eyes ran over the page again and again as I was trying to comprehend everything that was happening. It was hard because I forgot the extent that abuse could go to.
I would most defiantly recommend this book to everyone! A Child Called “It” is a superb fantastic sensational book! It takes you on a journey the description makes you feel as though it is happening right in front of your eyes. As much as you want to reach out and help Dave you can’t because it’s only a book. In your spare time you should defiantly pick up A Child Called “It”. Chances are you will fall in love with this book just as I have.
© Copyright 2010 BlueGirl97 (bluebabygirl97 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1719066-A-Child-Called-It-Reviw