*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718704-Madness
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Fiction · Psychology · #1718704
The Insignificant Writings of John J. Righteous Hypocrite
What is it that makes human beings different from one another? Why is it that some people choose to be wild hedonists, some sophisticated, and yet some choose to remain in hiding from the rest of the world? It's a questioned that just may never be answered. Nevertheless, upon the reading of this miraculous quote, life truly stood explained for the time being. It came from the mouth of one of the most intellectual minds ever to embrace the earth; Samuel Clemens, aka, Mark Twain. Being a writer myself, I obviously consider myself the greatest. But this is simply a mad dillusion, because, in reality, Dr. Twain will always be the greatest. He defined a generation in American history. By himself. But nevermind that...

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear, and life stands explained."
It sends truthful shivers down my spine. When one stops to think about it, Every person in the world is a damn madman. Even the most honest of honesty's can not be trusted, and shouldn't be for that matter. And if everyone's crazy, no wonder the worlds insane. Examine yourself. Although I may not have ever met you, I can tell you this, and I have Twain to back me up on this - you are a madman. And you do things that not even you yourself completely explain. That's life. Everybody's crazy, and you are no exception, bub.

So, are we all different? Or are we exactly the same - mad? Here's an idea: Read the miracle quote once more, that should clear things up a bit.

KH
© Copyright 2010 kodyherston (dakotajames at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718704-Madness