*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715248-static-item-1
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1715248
entry for flash fiction 10/10
Write a story that includes the words: letter, track, silk.

She was wearing her best silk blouse that day because of an important work meeting. Not to impress really. Just for the sense of good luck. The fabric was satisfyingly heavy but glided sensually over the curve of her breasts and brushed softly against her waist as she walked to work that day. It made her feel extra confident and the meeting went fairly well.

After the meeting, what she was doing during lunchtime today was routine really. She considered it a responsibility and wasn’t really worried. She did have a perfectly unblemished track record. Once registered, she sat on the hard plastic chair politely waiting her turn. All sorts came here. The young suits like her, the men old enough to be her father, the terrified teenagers, the vamp in skin-tight jeans… All sorts. There was no discriminating.

When it was finally her turn, she got up. Just a pin-prick. And 20 minutes later, she would know if she was still HIV-negative.

If she had seen it coming, she wouldn’t have enjoyed the satisfaction of the silk resting on her shoulders or the sensual way it rested against her breasts.

She should have known that night though when she and the stranger ran out of condoms. And lust led her on despite her misgivings - the odd rash, the gaunt appearance..

“Are you clean?” she asked.

“Of course,” he replied, panting slightly. “And you?”

“Definitely.”

And lust led them on.

The doctor talked about writing up a reference letter to an infectious disease specialist, the counselor expressed sympathy and gave her the spiel.

It was in that cold room, in a flash of burning guilt - so cold it burnt white-hot - that the woman felt like she had no business wearing such beautiful silk.

Words: 297
© Copyright 2010 satirical (satirical at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715248-static-item-1