*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1713918-Kurosaki-Future
Rated: E · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1713918
Karin and Yuzu have new life in the Soul Society. Ichigo is the 5th Squad Captain. Ch 1
Ichigo lay on his bed at nine pm with his usual scowl. If someone only paid attention to that, they would not see the blank look in his eyes. His eyes had darkened and he almost seemed dead. But he wouldn't allow himself to die. Death was what caused all his troubles to begin with. The Shinigami, the hollows, everything that had to do with death. But maybe death would help him out. He gained so much power and met so many people; he had gotten a lot of good from death.
Ichigo sighed and stared up at the ceiling, thinking. He remembered everything about that day… Everyone who had been there and done nothing, the arrancar's sickening laugh, and the way he lost it when he saw his sisters. There were the teen aged twins who lived so vibrantly and happily before, laying there marred and bloody yet still breathing in pain. He'd done everything he could to save them, but his countless tries were in vain. He wondered why no one else had tried to help. He wondered why all those Shinigami just stood there staring after they'd taken care of the enemies.
Ichigo closed his eyes, still remembering. Karin and Yuzu's souls had slipped from their bodies and tried to reassure their brother. The Shinigami present, Renji Abarai, Rukia Kuchiki, Rangiku Matsumoto, and Toushiro Hitsugaya just stood still, speechless. "Ichi-nii!" Karin yelled at him, "You of all people should know that we'll just end up in that Soul Society place! Come on, you are a mega-awesome Shinigami. You can visit any time!"
Yuzu rubbed the tips of her index fingers together, "And maybe…maybe we'll find mom. And we can all go live in the Soul Society." Ichigo still felt horrible. He hugged his sisters and told them not to worry about anything. He wanted to give them each a konso, but he couldn't find the strength. Toushiro and Rukia took care of that. So now, Ichigo is only recalling everything that happened, about a week after it did. He was in his own house, quiet and suffering.
Suddenly, a knock sounded from the door, breaking Ichigo out of his trance. The door slid open a bit and Rukia poked her head in, "Uh, Ichigo?"
Ichigo sat up and rubbed the back of his head, "Yeah? Whaddaya want?" Rukia came into his room and closed the door.
She shuffled her feet, "Well, I was wondering if you were ok. You know with…"
Ichigo sighed again, "Yeah, I know, and I'm fine. It's just a pretty hard blow. But, seriously, I'm good." Rukia looked at him and bit her lip.
Then, she averted her gaze to the wall beside her. "Uh, well, goodnight," she said.
"Night." Rukia went out of the room and Ichigo sunk back down on his bed and tried to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Soul Society:
Karin and Yuzu walked along the streets of Hokutan Rukongai chatting happily. They were in the middle of a conversation about their futures in Rukongai. They were 15 years old and had lost all memory except their names and the fact that they were twin sisters.
"But later on, I want to head over to Kusajishi. I heard that you can fight a lot over there! Or maybe I should go to the Zaraki district? What do you think, Yuzu?" Karin spoke to her smaller, more feminine sister.
Yuzu brought her arms up to her chest, "Why don't you just stay here? This is a nice place! Or we could go to the Inuzuri district." Karin snorted and rubbed her bare shoulder. She was dressed in loose fitting boy clothes that had no sleeves. She was far more muscular than the petite Yuzu, but not at all near buff.
"Hanging Dog? Pfft, no way. Who would want to live in a place with a name like that?"
"Oh, hush," Yuzu said, "It's nice there. There's not as much violence, and pretty much everyone is kind." Karin ruffled Yuzu's hair.
"Ok, whatever, as long as we have a cool family somewhere," Karin said, smiling up at the sky. Then a large body blocked her view. The creature had a messed up body that was black and green and an evil looking bone mask that showed only its glowing red eyes. "A hollow! Yuzu, get away!" Yuzu took off and tried to hide behind a few trees. Karin looked around for a weapon but decided to just use her body.
The stupid hollow had looked around for a while before noticing Karin who had already jumped into the air and brought her leg back. The hollow roared and swung its clawed hand at her. Karin jumped off its hand and kicked it in its mask. The hollow yelled out a few curses before it dissolved into nothing. Karin swept the dirt off her clothes and laughed.
"Well, that wasn't exciting at all." Karin laughed again and Yuzu began to come back from behind the trees. Just then, a giant arm shot over and knocked Karin away. Karin landed in a wooden wall, breaking it from the force of the hit. She spat and pulled a piece of wood from her arm. She got back up and glared at the monster before she ran towards it. Karin let out a shout as she kicked the hollow hard in the stomach.
The hollow doubled over and howled. "How dare you!" it hissed, "I will kill you!" It brought both arms up and was about to crush Karin when Yuzu screamed something and its arms were sliced clean off by a flash of light. Karin scrambled away and caught her breath as the hollow screamed. Karin took her chance and jumped up just like with the other hollow, smashing her fist into its mask. She began to fall and noticed the hollow coming down with her. Karin shot back a little, but she was still too close and the hollow fell on her legs.
Karin's head hit the ground with a loud CLUNK! Yuzu cried out and ran towards her sister.
© Copyright 2010 Mochiga (lilimochi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1713918-Kurosaki-Future