*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1713129-So-Be-It-Destiny
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1713129
My abstract story of my love life
         
Each day the digging seems to grow deeper, the claw of the heavy machinery grows dull as it scrapes the cemented base.
         A girl holds her chest, her gnawed finger nails dug into her skin as she watches in agony. She sinks her claws into her own flesh, she desperately wishes for it to stop, but she continues to watch, tears rolling down her bright, rosy cheeks.
"Don't do this to me," her beautiful voice sings, "Do i really deserve such pain?"
         They cannot hear her, but they keep one eye on her, they can take away her most precious in a moment if she dares to move. Though, if she does not, they cannot touch her; but must continue to dig into the cement ground.
         They are not one being, but two. A boy and girl who work the horrible machine. One to pull the lever to move the bucket, the other to scoop and dump its crumbled contents into a pile. They cannot work this machine without each other, but the boy can see more of the crying girl from his window.
         He can see her breaking, her soul like a wild horse fighting to the end. She is not weak to this situation, but she cannot hold herself up from collapsing to her knees. He pity's her, but the same consequence is in store for him if he dares to stop what he has helped start. He continues to watch, she's about to become an atrophy and he knows it.
"Someone forgive my sorry soul! This poor woman has cast me her heart, and i who left it to sink into the dark!"
         The girl who works the machine stops and looks at the boy next to her. He is her's, and he cannot change his mind now. She worries he will find a way, but kisses his forehead to reassure herself that he will only be with her. She doesn't dare look at the girl, whose body is gray and cold, withering in the gleaming sunlight.
         "If i could do it again, i would all over. I love you boy. I will not regret what i have said nor what i have done. Maybe when my soul is gone and you live long, i can look down and see you happy, and myself be happy." The girl sang again, louder than she ever had before. Maybe in the forest of humanity, some other sweet soul would come to her aid. She withers slowly, the horrible song of the metal verses concrete screams and drives all others away, leaving her to stay and linger longer into loneliness.
"Sing again," A larger voice calls, perhaps asking more than demanding.
The atrophy doesn't move.
         Another boy emerges from the dense forest, he is stark and muscular, tall and sleek. His dark eyes scan over the still, cold, machinery; curiousity of the human race is at its finest. The sight of the girl on the ground seems to catch his eyes first, the white dress that seemed to once fit her well was growing as she shrunk into a tiny ball. Becoming smaller and smaller as she lay still and gray. His large hand touched her shoulder and she flinched, as if she swore off any other thing that wasn't the love of the boy in the machine.
"Stand and show me yourself." The tall boy demanded, now gripping her arm.
"Be gone! I want to wallow in my self pity a while longer...." She jerked away from his grasp, but he was stronger.
"You're a very stubborn woman, show me youself." His deep voice was gentle, though demanding as before. "You were the one who sang to the birds, are you not?"
         She looked up into the dark eyes, the color of her cheeks returned and the blue eyes turned green. She was stunned by beauty, unable to look away from the dark eyes that held the same stunned gaze.
"Would you love me as if i were the only one in the forest?" the boy whispers to the girl, never noticing the other boy and girl whom operate the machine are stepping to the grassy floor.
"I would love you only if you could love me, and never waver my belief that i always will."

         The cement base has finally crumbled on its own, now covered in ivy and thorn bushes, its a pebble of its former self. Once belonging to the heart of the girl in the white dress, who is now a woman, and who was swept off her feet by the beautiful, dark eyed man. Her heart is now a tall tree in the place of where the boy and girl once dug a gaping hole into the cement earth. The metal machine is rusted and broken, no longer intruding on the yearnings of a silly, young, heart. The boy and girl who once operated the machine have been long gone, leaving behind the past and looking at their future together. They have so much left to learn, but holding on is more than learning and improving, holding on isn't will nor faith, but simply made by ones destiny with another. If it is meant to be, it is. If not, so be it.


© Copyright 2010 Savanna Russische (savvi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1713129-So-Be-It-Destiny