*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1699813-The-Dolphin
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1699813
I wrote this story as a school project. Hope you like it.
              Jack Doe was, to everyone else, a nice and kind person.  Jack was actually a whale and dolphin hunter.  Nobody knew about this except himself.  He had been a hunter for at least ten years.  He was in his thirties and had short, black hair.  He was tall, slightly muscular and wore a tuxedo when he went to his job.  He was the chairman of the FBBA or the Florida Business Brokers Association.  While he wasn’t working, he went hunting.  Whale and dolphin hunting IWC ban had been in effect for ten years. This ban was in 1986, now it was 1996.  Yet, he still illegally hunted and did so undercover. 
One day he went on his ship to go to the Pacific and hunt.  It was hot, so he wore shorts and a sleeveless shirt, even though it was night. He set sail and into the Pacific.  A while later Jack noticed splashing at starboard. He hurried to there, but was too late and missed what was there. Sighing in disappointment, he leaned against the flagstaff.
         A few hours later he awoke abruptly at the sound of a loud splash near starboard again.  He hurried to there and saw a dolphin, its body almost lighting up the night with its beauty.  He was so amazed that he forgot that he was there to hunt them.  The dolphin looked at him curiously and went up to the ship.  To Jack’s amazement, the dolphin actually leaped up onto the ship.  As he stood there, shocked, the dolphin changed shape into a human woman.
” My name is Chanelle, and I have heard that you hunt us and whales,” she said.  Jack couldn’t speak or move, but finally Jack spoke. “My name is Jack, and yes, I do hunt you and whales,” Jack said, embarrassed and nervous that he was discovered. “I have been watching you since you started hunting us,” she said. “And I have decided to tell you and teach you about what happens when you hunt us.  Please, come with me.”
As Jack followed her, he started to already feel that he was doing a bad thing.  She started telling him everything that happens when he does hunt them.  From endangerment to fear of humans overall, Jack was feeling terrible of what he had done. “We all have feelings, Jack.  You have to know that, if you didn’t already.  No matter who or what we are, we ALL have feelings,” she said.  With that, she went to starboard and leaped in the water, changing back into a dolphin before she landed.  He stood there paralyzed in amazement, wishing that she would come back.
                                       2 MONTHS LATER          
                Jack had stopped hunting a little after Chanelle’s appearance. Today, he is a marine biologist and was studying mostly dolphins, sometimes hoping that Chanelle would come back to see him.  Since he left his original job both legal and illegal, he had been happier and had so many friends.  Even though he had all this, he still missed Chanelle.  He never thought he would see her again, but tried to stay as happy as he could.
         One night, he was swimming in the deep parts of the Pacific, where nobody really swam, and was just relaxing.  He heard a splashing noise near him and he turned towards the sound.  Next to him was a dolphin lighting up the night with her beauty and he recognized her.  “Chanelle,” was all he could say, for he was so happy to see her again.


                                       THE END
© Copyright 2010 Arbiter (arbiter13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1699813-The-Dolphin