*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1698189-How
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Non-fiction · Relationship · #1698189
Tells the story of one woman's heartbreak.
    How did she get here?  She had to ask herself because if not she might end up here again.  Just a week and a half ago her husband of eight years looked her square in the eyes and said "I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE!!"  That phrase cut through her like a knife then, and it still did now.  How could she share her life with someone for eight years and he could just look her square in the eyes and cut straight through her heart?  In fact, putting a knife through her heart would have been less pain. 
    It was true that they did not have a perfect relationship or even an ideal one, lately.  They had been through so much together for him to just throw his hands up and walk out on her.  They share three kids.  Only two were actually his, but he had been the oldest's father since she was 1 1/2 years old.  How could he do this to her?  How could he do this to the kids?  How would she ever be able to love or trust anyone ever again?  The questions haunted her.  If only she could get him to talk to her, but he refused to take phone calls or to even answer a text message. 
    The last time she did get him to talk to her, he said it was just because he was not the marrying type.  How can it take someone eight years to decide they are not the "marrying type"? 
    She could not decide what to do.  She couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, couldn't think straight.  She had to find a way to get it together for her girls.  After almost going over the edge one night, she decided she would get some counseling.  Knowing that he would not want to go hurt, but she knew she had to get herself together for the sake of the kids.  After going to her first session, she felt like she had someone in her corner; someone on her side.  If the counseling worked, then at least she would be able to function again even if she never did want to get married again.  Her husband was the first guy to make her realize she had never been truly in love, until she met him that is.  The mere thought of seeing him after work, most days, made it worth the hassles she had to put up with the public every day.
    Would she ever get over him?  Probably not.  Will she ever learn to trust anyone with her heart again?  Only time would tell.
© Copyright 2010 okiemom (tamwoo27 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1698189-How