*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696835-Anne-in-Ellabur-chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1696835
It is a story called Anne In Ellabur
Anne in Ellabur




One evening Anne was out of on her regular evening jog.  She suddenly hears someone saying her name and it wasn’t a voice she recognized.  So she started jogging faster.  She was jogging so fast she didn’t notice the open sewer she fell into.



Chapter  1



Anne came out of a burrow in the ground and saw some cute little cottages on either side of her and in the distance she saw a huge castle and a forest behind her that most of the trees were half-dead.  As Anne is recovering from the ground, a good fairy called Deb peered around a tree.  As Anne gets up she hears rustling of the leaves and says, “Who is there?” Deb in her knee -length gown and short brown hair then comes out cautiously. 



Deb replies, “I’m a fairy called Deb, I protect any newcomer here and guessing by that strange garment of yours you are a newcomer. What is your name?  Where do you come from?”



Anne says , “My name is Anne Brown. I come from a place called Ontario. Where am I exactly?”



Deb calmly,  “you are in the land of Ellabur.”   



  Anne asks, "What time is it and what season?"

Deb answers, "It is summer time at 8' o clock "



Anne says,  "How do I get back home?"



Deb replied,  "I don't know really"



Anne: Do you know anywhere I could stay for the night?”



Deb replies  as she “borrows” some peasant girl dresses from a nearby cottage. “yeah I do come this way” as Deb walks into the forest.



Anne curiously: “why is it a terrible time for its subjects?”



Deb looks both ways and says “I can’t tell you here ”. 



 

Anne runs to catch up to her.  “A very long time ago, a very cruel man called Karan Raven, took over ruling Ellabur nobody knows for sure what happen to the King and Queen but the theory is that Raven killed them. The Prince has been missing since that too. Only I and a wizard name Warlock who you will meet shortly knows where the prince is. Also there is famine in the land as you could tell with the half-dead trees the only place where there isn’t famine is the cottage I’m taking you too but Warlock can control the weather with some help of a weather sprit called Thunder. King Karan is also taxing the peasants heavily and is not making the country better. For some odd reason on lands east and west of Ellabur, Ravana built 1 castle on each land”



Soon Deb and Anne came to a moss covered thatch roof small cottage.



Deb  shouts into the room “Warlock I have a guest here who needs a place to stay.”



Warlock shouts back: “I’m coming Deb!” and then comes into view a long blue robe with a matching pointy hat and a white beard and staff.  Warlock says “who is this young lady?” 



Deb introduces: “Anne this is Warlock, Warlock this is Anne, a newcomer here says she comes from a strange place called Ontario” 



In the room they entered there was books scattered everywhere, dirty dishes still on the table and an unmade bed.



Anne then takes the clothes that Deb borrowed earlier and went into the one free bedroom to change.



  In the mean time Deb and Warlock talk.



Deb says “Remember the prophecy that Vera made?”



Warlock answers “Yeah I do remember that”



Deb: “Do  you think she’s is the one?”



Warlock: replies: “maybe. But it depends on the two falling in love.”





© Copyright 2010 Joan Twist (madamelee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696835-Anne-in-Ellabur-chapter-1