*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1694594-love-is-blind
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1694594
it about love.
LOVE IS BLIND

Written by Lynn and Frankenstein

 

Once upon a time there was a beautiful princess, named Bella who lived in a galaxy far, far, far, far, far away. She was about to be married to Prince Edward, the prince of Kor, but she was in love with the king of Mary-Land, King Leo. He was cursed to be a beast and because of this she was forbidden to marry him. She was determined to break the curse, but with her about to be married she could not go after the cure. So she sent her trusty advisor and best friend Miania to find one. But she first needed to know how the curse was set. He was a mean and ruthless man who only cared about expanding his kingdom. when an old woman was brought before him, she had been brought before him on behalf of Beggarglam Forest to plead that he not evict the citizens take their land and cut down the forest. He denied her, because of this; her and her sisters cursed him for all time. That his body will match his heart and the only cure was he repent of his evil domineering nature and learn to love and care about others. He must also show someone love which was hard for him. He was a king and kindness was a sign of weakness. Because of this he was a beast for many years. The princess needed to act fast if she was going to be the one he showed love to. Why would she even want this guy, he had been the one to save her when she was taken prisoner by the Sea worm of Mary-Land Lake. The princess and her friends had been vacationing there when waterskiing went wrong. King Leo was scouting new land. The rescue was unintentional, but she thought he loved her. He never saw a woman so beautiful and so nice. So when princess Bella returned home she was determined to break the curse but now time was running short. She had sent a note with Miania declaring her love for him and desire to marry him. Miania quickly left for Mary-Land and was stopped by the three sisters. In hopes of keeping him a beast, killing them was the only way to remove the curse, princess Bella and Miania over looked that, however being the trusty advisor and the best friend of the princess, Miania had combat skills. They were of no use for the sisters were very powerful witches and were about to cast a deadly spell. When King Leo rode up on his trusty steel steed, over the years he had learned to love others and had shown love to the princess by rescuing her. Miania showed him the note and then asked the sisters to change him; they refused fearing he would go back to his old ways. They asked him to prove he changed. He told them about how he hadn’t taken a single piece of land he learned what it felt like to be rejected and he wanted the princess. They said if you can get the princess to marry you as you are by midnight tonight they would reverse the spell. Miania wasted no time to get back to the princess she travel at warp to get her the news .When she told the princess, King James, over heard the news and said no, never.

King James then placed the princess under lockdown in her bedchambers. He would not allow her to ruin her life by marrying this worthless beast of a king. He really wanted her to marry Prince Edward, the prince of Kor, because by doing so, their kingdoms would combine. Kor was wealthier and could better protect this kingdom than Mary-Land. The king of Kor only agreed to the marriage because of how beautiful and smart the princess was, plus her kingdom had more land to expand on. It was going to be a marriage of diplomacy. The princess didn't want to be enslaved to such a marriage, and devised a plan to escape her room. Guards were at each door, including the secret passages. The only way out was the bay window that overlooked the court yard. She would be seen escaping. But she needed to get to the king of Mary-Land. When King Leo heard that he had till midnight to marry the princess he revved up his bike and started off to get the princess. When he got to the castle he found it manned with armed guards everywhere. The princess cried to him from the window of her room. Seeing her and that she wanted him. He pulled his sword and when to town slashing and clawing at everything and everyone that got in his way. He fought his way in. then up to her room. Her father, King James, was standing at the door ready to fight him. King Leo was just about to strike King James when the princess yelled though the door not to for it will prove the witches right. He stopped short and put down his sword and began to tell the other king the whole story.


King Leo explained to King James what had happened and how he had changed. He
still had a large kingdom and the people were happy. They were very industrious and were
not in want. Due to the new charities the king had set up after his transformation.  King James thought about this and thought that by combining kingdoms with King Leo, this could be a very good thing. Plus, he was a king, not a prince, so his daughter would get to be a queen. King James liked this and agreed. He unlocked the princess' door and let her out. She ran in the arms of King Leo. In their embrace, they gazed into one another's eyes and then shared true love's first kiss. Now, they needed to get to Mary-Land and be wed, and King James would have to figure out how to break the news to the king and prince
of Kor.

They jumped upon King Leo’s bike and sped off to Mary-Land. The ride was long and it was late by the time they got to Mary-Land. There was only three hours before midnight. They needed to get the witches and a priest to the castle now. This is where being the king was good. He sent out his troops. One team to find the witches, the second team was to get clergy. He called for a tailor to fix the dress the queen mother had warn at her wedding and do it fast. Time had passed and the dress was done with just thirty minutes to spare. The witches were there and so was the priest. King Leo was standing at his throne dress in his best attire. The witches were standing to one side at the foot of the throne and the priest was standing at his side. Just as the clock struck 11:50 the doors swing open and there was princess Bella standing at the door looking more beautiful than anyone ever had before or ever will. Standing at her side was her father. King Leo was speechless and awe struck. He had never seen a more beautiful woman in his life. When she got to his throne, it took everything King Leo had to not kiss her right then. It felt like hours for the priest to conduct the ceremony, even though it had been shortened to accommodate for the short time they had. Finally, the moment had arrived. When the priest said “you may kiss the bride”, Leo swooped Bella off her feet, dipped her, and gave her the longest kiss she had ever known. A pound seeing this the three sisters turn King Leo back to the man he once was. King Leo and King James worked together for many years. At King James’ death he names King Leo as his successor. King Leo was old now and had two grown children of his own. So he past that title to his son Prince Jacob and he gave his seat to his daughter, Princess Padamae. Thus King Leo and Queen Bella retired and traveled near and far and even further.

 

THE END!
© Copyright 2010 frankenstein (frankenstein at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1694594-love-is-blind