*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1691680-Tides-Of-Love
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1691680
Love triumphs in the face of turmoil.
Tides of Love

In a time when love is as fleeting as a wave breaking on the shore, we cling together with the strength of an ocean tide. When the tide recedes, we are drained and restless. The current tears at us, stretching thin the bonds that hold one to another. We feel apart and lonely, so out of touch. We cry out to each other, but the words are lost in the thunder of the breakers. Sorrow floods our souls as the swell blocks us from each other’s sight. Just then, in our darkest moment, a miracle occurs with the turning of the tide.

We are brought together by the joyful rush of incoming water. Near-broken hearts overflow with refreshed emotion. We hold tight to each other with blissful abandon as we are hurried toward the distant shore. We notice not the cold, nor the tiredness from endless struggle in the sea of life. We know only the feeling reflected in each other’s eyes. And, in that perfect moment, when we brush against the sandy beach, we are engulfed in a love so pure it must surely have come straight from god’s own heart.

On and on, the shifting waters turn. We bob along wondering if the rewards are worth the suffering. From the pristine depths, the answer rises loud and clear. Yes. If we felt only the pleasure of a love so profound, it would soon grow ordinary if not meaningless. So, gladly we float on this ocean of turmoil surviving moments of sadness to savor moments of joy
© Copyright 2010 Callie Lynn McEntire (callielynn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1691680-Tides-Of-Love