*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1688072-The-Two-Step
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #1688072
Love coming together.
Rose was the odd duck, never fitting in. She looked different, acted differently and thought in a mixture of difference. She was never smart but she was wise. Rose wasn't beautiful but she was striking in appearance. Rose both blended in and stood out. Contradictions mixed with passion and made Rose an unforgettable find.

Oliver, though fitting in nicely with His peers, was always just a bit above them. Smart and handsome, Oliver took His time to play with the world before He decided to conquer it. It's not the world He thinks of conquering now.

When Oliver walked in, it wasn't Rose He noticed, but it was Rose that stood out. She offered assistance when others offered favors. They swarmed around, fluffed their well made up feathers, and hoped He would notice them. None of the women cared about the man inside. They wanted the conquest, another notch in their collar.

Rose didn't want or need a conquest, she was on a quest for self. She thought herself broken and unworthy of anything offered by another. She imagined herself too plain, too odd for others to find an interest in.

Oliver was taken with Rose. Was it the fact that she wasn't trying to win His affections or was it her never-ending desire to help? She was always there when He came for her, always offering whatever He needed. Oliver needed Rose but wouldn't allow such a weakness as need rule His world.

One day, as they were struggling to find a path to walk together, the Fates stepped in and ended their time together. Quick words muttered during a time of frustration and both turned and walked away.

As time went on and emptiness filled Oliver and Rose, the Fates decided to play once more with the hearts of the lonely.

Walking down a darkened hallway, Rose saw a figure silhouetted by a window standing in her path. As she walked to Him, she felt calm and peace setting into her soul. She walked to Him. He turned and commanded she follow. Once alone, they stood toe to toe, staring at each other.

Oliver reached out and grabbed Rose behind the neck, drawing her in for a kiss. The moment His hand touched her skin, she was lost. Rose had never felt such love and passion for another. Oliver led her on a beautiful dance through such an innocent garden. When she left, she knew she was forever changed.

They began to walk the path together again, He led and she always followed. Words rarely used because instincts were strong between the two of them. He would need and she would give. A sound, a movement, a look was all it took for Rose to respond to Oliver.

He set out to bind her to Him. Two steps forward, He would lead her and then stop. He never moved faster than she nor would He let her rest. He knew how to make her yearn for Him when He was away and He would not settle for anything less than a heart wrenching tear as they parted. Never just one step, always two, He led her closer to Him.

Rose didn't give Oliver what He needed, she simply opened herself to Him fully and He took. He took and always demanded more. Rose never left Him wanting. She remained open to Oliver, filling Him with peace, comfort and harmony. Balance, as it were.

Now, as Rose sits in the quiet yard, Oliver is her anchor in this world. He guards her heart and soul with His and keeps her sane. He loves her, as she loves Him but Oliver was never normal and neither was Rose. He hurts her, physically and emotionally and she grows each day because Oliver allows her to hurt. Oliver allows Rose to please Him, love Him and honor Him each day and for that, Rose is so very blessed.

She is because He allows her to be so. Two steps forward in pleasure, one step back in pain. Always moving forward but never equal. Two steps forward in pain, one step back in pleasure. The dance continues, filling Rose and Oliver with a happiness neither thought to ever find.
© Copyright 2010 Sapphire Rose (sapphirerose70 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1688072-The-Two-Step