*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1687941-Seven
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Other · #1687941
Have to love those mushy moments. Romantics, this one you will enjoy.
Forever is seven long letters that slip through knotted fingertips and the empty gap in between you and I.

Smiling like spring after winter finally melts away and I can't help but let gravity pull me closer to my sun. You're the center of my universe and I'm stuck in orbit so hope you don't mind that seven letters is just a tad bit too short for my liking.

We'll dance the night away twirling to music that we imagine plays right inside of our ears, soft enough that secret words can still be traded to tickle our thoughts and fancy. Taste the warmth of the mood and the happiness of the hour and pray that time will stay domestic even while you don't want to believe in any god. You say that no god can exist because you've fucked everything up so bad but you still have the best things in the world as little as you deserve them. And I just smile and tell you that god has to exist because this is my perfect reward.

I wanted to get you happiness in a bottle but you said that some things you can't buy, so you kissed me sweetly and time flowed through the open gate and I wished I had enough money to break that clock that ticked the beat in the corner.

So I'll say goodbye and goodnight and yes I love you too, just don't forget me and your promises, because forever is seven letters too soon.
© Copyright 2010 SugarHigh (sugarhigh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1687941-Seven