*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685962-An-Afternoon-to-Remember
Rated: · Other · Other · #1685962
it wasnt any normal afternoon
When Lionel walked into the room i got butterflies when i saw who he brought with him. Standing there in sunglasses and his hat it was Michael Jackson. Oh I had to run out of the room and scream then come back in. He giggled when i came back smiling still wanted to cry and scream.
"Paige, I think you know Michael." Lionel said smiling.
"Yepp sure do and I am quite happy about it." I said smiling.
"Michael this is Paige Crocker, as you can see she is a big fan." Lionel said.
"Hehe its nice to meet you." Michael said hugging me. I was filled with such emotion at this point it wasnt even funny.
"Well Michael its really an honor to meet you." I said back. "Lionel can i talk to you for a sec?" I asked.motioning him over to me.
"Yeah whats up?" He asked.
"Ok I love that Michael is here dont get me wrong but should he be watching me rehurse for the SURPRISE show?" I whispered.
"Oh sweetheart its no surprise. Michael is in the show too. You are here to practice with him. For the Fake MJ gets to preform a number or two with the real MJ." Lionel said. My eyes went big.
"You mean i get to sing with Michael? Are you Crazy?" i asked. "Im not that good to preform with the greatest entertainer of all time Im going to embarrass myself!" I whispered.
"Paige If i thought that you wouldnt be any good i wouldnt have choosen you. I choose you because you were good. Now its time to show off your stuff. So go and just have fun. But try your best. You know Michael a perfectionist at heart." Lionel said. I nodded and went back over to Michael who had now taken off his sunglasses. I looked into his brown eyes once i felt like i was just staring i turned away in embarrassment and tried to changed the subject.
"So Michael what songs are we going to do?" I asked.
"Well you and I are going to do 2 songs together maybe three I have to see how good you are. But the first song is 'I Just Cant Stop Loving You'" Michael said.
"Oh my favorite song! Is It the English verison?" I asked. He nodded.
"Do you know the spanish version?" He asked.
"Yes i love Todo Mi Amor Eres Tu even though the lyrics in the song are nothin like the actual song." I said. Michael smiled.
"Well miss Paige, lets get started." Michael said. I giggled. I felt embarrassed to be singing infront of him. But once that music started to play I just wanted to do my best and sing.
"Each time the wind blows i hear your voice so I call your name, whispers at morning our love is dawning heavens glad you came.. You know how i feel this thing cant go wrong Im so proud to say i love you. Your loves got me high i long to get by this time is forever, love is the answer." Michael's angelic voice sang I got chills when i heard him. Then It was my turn to impress him.
"I hear your voice now you are my choice now the love you bring. Heavens in my heart at your call i hear harps and angels sing. You know how i feel this thing cant go wrong. I cant live my life without you." I sang. Soon the song was over and my eyes were wet with tears. I found that to be amazing. I didnt cry durning the singing but i was filled with so emotion that i just started to cry.
"Wow Michael you have an AMAZING voice." i said getting up and grabbing a tissue.
"No Paige you have an amazing voice." he said hugging me close.
"Hehe thanks. You know to tell you the truth I was very nervous when you came in here today and said that we were going to sing together. I was thinking Im not good enough to be singing with this man. But i guess i was. I accomplished something today! AWESOME!!" I said. Michael laughed.
Soon we had finished both of our songs. But Michael just wanted to hear my voice which was odd because i just wanted to hear his. I wanted to see how to do a move of his but i was to shy to ask. Finally i got us the courage.
"Hey Michael can I ask you something?" i asked.
"Sure Paige, whatcha need?" He asked.
"Umm... Ok being a dancer I do know how to do the moonwalk, and the toe stand, and the crotch grab, but i cant do the spin or the leg kick. Could you teach me how?" I asked shyly. He smiled.
"Well sure, they are the more harder ones to learn but I dont fret ill teach you." he said with the sweetest smile.
"Hehe YEAH!" I said. So we spent about 10 minutes learning the moves. I finally had them down.
"Alright girl show me what you got." Michael said. I smiled and nodded. Soon I was busting out moves like there was no tomorrow. "WOW whoo hooo you go girl" i heard michael say. That made me feel good and I saw the smile and amazement on Lionels face. Ken was just smiling. He had seen me dance before. Heck i was a national dance champ. Once i was done. Everyone clapped. Including people who were never in the room but walked by and saw me dancing.
"Thanks everyone." I breathed while trying to catch my breath. I looked over at Lionel and smiled.
"Paige you picked up those moves quickly." Michael said.
"Yeah well it helps when you are a national dance champ. doing 8 dances. You do pick them up quickly." I said. He smiled and looked at the clock.
"Oh My I need to be going. I cant come tomorrow by i will come by again so that we can practice. It was wonderful meeting you. You are a real funny wonderful talented girl." Michael said hugging me.
"Thank you Michael. You are a wonderful person. A wonderful, caring, fun, loving person. NO matter what anyone else thinks." I said. He smiled. Then he left I was sad to see him go but at least i got to spend an hour of my day with Michael Jackson. Once he left i shut the door smiling.
I ran over to Lionel and hugged him. "Lionel thank you so much for bringing him here. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!" I said.
"You're welcome sweetheart. Alright well I will see you tomorrow morning with drew and josh in about a week or two we are going to do some measurements for costume fittings. Then we will work on Choragraphy. Then it will be time for the show. Oh and By the way next week afterschool Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney are coming to work with you on your duet songs." Lionel said heading out the door. I nodded.
"Thanks Lionel." I said waving goodbye. Soon it was time to go home. Once I got into the door my cell phone rang.
"Hello?" I asked pulling it out.
"Hey Peanut, how's it hanging?" It was my daddy.
"Daddy hey its going good oh i have great news." I said.
"Really what is it?" He asked.
"Ok so this morning Ken had a surprise for me Josh, and Drew. So we got to school and Lionel Richie was there!! He told us that we were going to be preforming in front of MICHAEL JACKSON!! He also told me that I was going to be the Michael Jackson of the night doing different songs and I get to do 2 songs with Michael. OH and he came to school today after school oh daddy he is so cool!!" I said.
"Wow sweetheart that is amazing!! Is It going to be live?" He asked.
"Yeah its his 30th year anniversary concert! It is going to be absoulty LIVE!! If there are commercials it is because the singers are taking a break but daddy OMG this is soo cool." I said.
"Well I am so proud of you. So how is your mamma doing?" He asked.
"Mommas good her and Ken are getting really close." I said.
"Oh well im happy for her. So when can i come up and see you?" He asked.
"Oh daddy whenever you find the time to come and see me." i said.
"Alright are you free next week?" he asked.
"Hmm i dont know next week Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney are coming to record i dont know when ill be done!" I said.
"Oh well i'll come see you anyway. I want to watch you sing. If that's alright?" he asked.
"Yeah i think that would be ok, but you cant breath a WORD about this!! To anyone!!" I said.
"Ok sweety i wont." he said.
"Paige time for dinner" Mom called from down stairs.
"OK coming. Hey Daddy i have to go eat dinner." I said.
"Ok baby girl, ill talk to you later. Love you." He said.
"I love you too daddy, bye." I said. Then i hung up the phone and went down stairs to eat.

"So Paige what was the surprise?" Mom asked sitting down.
"I get to preform infront of MICHAEL JACKSON!!" I said.
"AHH really?" She asked. I nodded.
"Yes Drew, Josh, and I get to preform We are the world and I get to preform songs as MJ. It was so amazing. I met Lionel Richie and Michael Jackson today OMG it was a afternoon that i will NEVER forget!" I said.
"You met Michael and Lionel? How was that?" She asked.
"OMG mom Michael is SO amazing. He truly does have a voice of an angel when i sang with him today i cried afterwords! His voice was so powerful." I said.
"Ahh well that is so exciting." Mom said looking over at Ken.
"She has an amazing voice." Ken said smiling.
"Hehe thanks Ken." I said.
"Paige we have a surprise of our own." Mom said. My smile faded and I listened attentivly.
"What?" I asked.
"We are getting married." Mom said. My expression froze.
"You're getting Married?" I asked.
"Yes we are." Ken said holding my mom's hand. I didnt know how to react. My mom and dad had divorsed 2 months ago and mom had been dating ken for 2 months now too and now they were getting married?
"Well I am so happy for you." I said smiling.
"Oh good sweety i am so happy that you are." Mom said. I smiled.
"So when is the big day?" i asked.
"Well we still need to plan everything out so next year sometime." Ken said. I nodded.
"Hey can I be excused?" I asked.
"Sure Ill do the dishes tonight." mom said. I nodded and left the room. This truly was an afternoon never to forget.
© Copyright 2010 MichaelJacksonsGirl (ifite4michael at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685962-An-Afternoon-to-Remember