*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1682450-The-Other-World
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1682450
Little Drabble.
There is a world beyond our world where every possibility reigns.

Its rolling hills are bathed in the perpetual caress of incandescent winter moonlight; its gentle waters coruscant under the blazing summer sun. The tiniest flower is near nigh invisible, growing in the shade of those whose intertwining thorny vines reach up and seem to touch the luminescent sky. Its animals encompass all the shapes and sizes – from the diminutive exquisite whimsy right to the great big hulking shaggy mass. The structures, built not by hand yet as unyielding as toughest stone, appear as ethereal as a morning mist. There is no fear, there is no doubt; it’s painted with every hue imaginable; many not. Its vast expanse – immeasurably boundless; dimensions restricted only by the range of our minds.

Sometimes, those that step into this world step back – their eyes, their hearts -- their very souls not able to withstand that which is so beyond their ordinary comprehension. Others step forward, embrace the wonder; allow their palate to adjust. And there are those that leap that further still – envisage, construct; create a landscape with the vivid brush of their own thoughts.

Some of the occupants that live the fairytale call those that enter it as brave as lions; others, meek as lambs. Inevitably, the truth is somewhere in between; for whilst we may wish, nay, even yearn for it to choose but some of us – the gift of fantasy is given to us all.

So how is it that you may enter here? Come on, don’t be so shy – I know you long to ask.

It’s so straightforward you will laugh when I will lean in close to whisper it.

The answer is incredibly simple – live your dreams.
© Copyright 2010 TheFutilitarian (corleyan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1682450-The-Other-World