*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1668895-A--Baby-Story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Katy
Rated: · Other · Other · #1668895
A young couple's first day with a baby
They day after they say is always the hardest, she didn’t believe them. After going through child birth Ava thought she could handle anything. Her husband Jacob was at work for half of her labor experience, she was hoping that wouldn’t be the case for the rest of her life especially now that she has a child. Jacob got to the hospital just in time to see his brand new son being born. Ava never wanted to know the gender of the baby, however, Jacob was impatient and he found out and managed not to tell Ava. Their son, Parker Anthony, was a quiet baby, in the hospital. The day came where Ava and Jacob were privileged enough to bring Parker home. “Welcome to your house Parker!” Jacob exclaimed.
“Shhh. The baby is sleeping and I’m extremely tired, can you please just stay with him?” questioned Ava.
“Of course honey, you just go upstairs and go to sleep, I can handle Parker, after all I am his daddy.” Replied Jacob.
After Ava went upstairs to bed, Jacob turned on the TV and left Parker in his car seat. The TV was on a little too loud, so Parker woke up almost instantly. Jacob picked him up and told him to quiet down. Parker didn’t understand this, all he knew is it was a new world, and a very cold one as well. Jacob set Parker on the floor and went to make a bottle for him. Parker didn’t stop screaming the whole time Jacob was gone, and even after Jacob came back, Parker continued to scream. Without much of an effort to quiet the child down, Jacob took Parker upstairs where Ava was sound asleep. Being rudely awoken was not the way Ava imagined her nap. “Here, you take him, I’ve tried everything and he just wont stop crying.” Claimed Jacob.
“Oh my, little one, its fine, mommy is here, your ok…” Ava started, “There is no need for tears.”
With just that said Parker quieted down and began to drink the bottle Jacob tried to feed him.
“He was just hungry, there wasn’t a need to wake me up like this,” Ava said.
“No, he layer there and was screaming his head off, and now that your holding him he is quiet, so I’ll go find something for us to eat.” Jacob refuted.
“I’m just so tired, I’m not even hungry yet, please cant I just go back to sleep?” asked Ava.
“Parker only screams when I hold him, he clearly wants his mommy,” stated Jacob.
No sooner then Jacob said that, his phone began to ring, it was his work. Jacob was a big time CEO with his own office and company car. Jacob made enough for both him and Ava to live comfortably, but Ava was too strong willed and wanted to continue being an anesthesiologist. “I love being here, a family, with a son, my son,” started Jacob.
“But…?” Ava asked.
“Work is in huge trouble and if I don’t go now, I wont have a job tomorrow.” Jacob stated.
“You are really going to leave me? With a child, an empty stomach, and a headache that wont leave. Have fun at work, because its going to be more fun then here.” Ava said with a twinge to her voice.
“I’m sorry, I love you, I’m not sure when I will be back but I wont try and make it too late, promise.” Jacob said as he kissed his wife and son good-bye.
Ava sat up with Parker until he fell asleep again. After he fell asleep Ava walked over and put Parker in his crib. The second she put him down, he gave a blood-curdling scream. Ava thought this must be some horrible joke, but it wasn’t. Parker had to be held or nobody would be getting any sleep. Ava tried everything to get Parker to stay sleeping, but the same thing happened time and time again. A couple hours had passed, Ava was starving, and Jacob wasn’t home yet. She decided to let Parker scream while she went to eat. Being a new mom, that was the hardest thing she ever had to do, let her son cry his eyes out. Since Ava was a first time parent, and a single mom(at least that’s what it felt like), life had gotten a lot harder then a week ago. Life had completely changed, trying to fathom this exact situation was impossible, she never expected this. Shortly after changing a poopy diaper, Parker had a wet diaper. Ava was running on a couple hours of sleep, and a ham sandwich, running a marathon would be easy.
Parker finally calmed down enough for Ava to climb into bed and just as she started to doze off into a deep sleep the door slammed, and the baby woke up. Ava’s eyes shot open and she jumped out of bed and raced to see why the door slammed. “JACOB! I just got the baby to sleep, and now he is awake again, its your turn to go care for him.” Ava told Jacob.
“I’ve had a long, hard day, I cant, not right now, I’m tired.” Jacob said.
“Are you joking me? I went through sixteen and a half hours of labor, I’ve been up with a screaming baby, and haven’t eating anything in over eight hours, no its your turn, he is half your DNA, so you got take your half.” screamed Ava.
After a lot of yelling, screaming, and tears, Jacob took Parker for a drive so Ava could sleep. The roads got foggy and Jacob was exhausted. After Parker was sound asleep in his car seat, Jacob couldn’t take it anymore, and he too dozed off. The police man showed up to Ava’s door, Ava answered and immediately burst into tears. The man handed Parker back and explained what had happened to Jacob, he was alive, but he wasn’t doing well.
The first day after bringing home baby really was the hardest.
© Copyright 2010 Katy (neuenkat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1668895-A--Baby-Story