*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1667783-His-Favorite-Spot
by Milly
Rated: E · Fiction · None · #1667783
A Man walks in a beautiful place admiring its beauty
                                                  His Favorite Spot

He stares as the tall trees sway in the gentle breeze as the spots of sunlight play tag on the lush green grass. It’s hot but cool in spot where the sun is hidden. He hears water running in the distance and taste the rain the air. He walks on towards his destination with vibrantly colored leaves crunching under his feet. The warm wind brushes pass his face and causing red, yellow and orange leaves to casually drift to the ground. In front on him an opening appears and the sound of running water rushes loudly in his ears. Through the arch way of trees he sees shallow water running pass smooth rocks. The hot air forces him to bend and touch. The ice cold water sends child up his spine as the water splashes on a nearby rock. Across the small brook is a small cabin of wood shaded by aged tress and sunlight barely touching the roof top. A butterfly flutters by lazily as he hops from stone to stone until he reaches the other side. The sun beans down while he crosses but the splash of the water on his ankles makes it bearable. Once across he lays on his back gazing up the blue sky. He watches as fluffy clouds of white float by occasionally hiding the sun behind their light forms. Birds fly in diamond formation above him as he feels himself drifting. The sound of the running water lulls him as birds sing in the distance. This is his favorite spot away from the noise of the modern world. Here he can listen and enjoy the beauty of nature.

© Copyright 2010 Milly (kdc48228 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1667783-His-Favorite-Spot