*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659978-Idea
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1659978
Some guy has an idea.
The shriveled and blackened tulip leaves still hung from the stem reminding him of a witches hand. The plant had died only a day after he brought it back to his house. He didn't know if this was normal but he held on to it to get his money's worth. He figured thats what he got for buying a flower in the middle of winter. The trees outside were rattling around as the wind blew through them. He headed out on a jog anyway, even though he didn't feel like it. He stretched then headed outside. As soon as the wind hit his face he let out a muffled shout. He knew this was not going to be fun. He jogged up the street and around construction that had the sidewalk closed. As he went on further his route was blocked by the police, he didn't bother to look back after his initial glance. He had no idea what was going on and he didn't care. He was too focused on blocking the cold out of his mind. He made his way a little further when he noticed a group of protesters holding signs and shouting so he quickly crossed the street. The city it seemed had been whipped into a frenzy. He reached a large street and looked up to see if he could cross, just then something blew into his eye. He bent over silently trying to rub the object out of his eyes. "Goddammit!" he said.

The piece of sand had finally broken his concentration and now he was mad. He sprinted across the street and finally reached the entrance to the brooklyn bridge walkway. He felt much warmer now and began to hit his stride. He reached the point where the suspender that gradually arcs to the top of the bridge starts. Something caught his eye so he stopped. He examined it further and suddenly his mind was spinning. He turned and started running home, not sprinting but running with an exuberance he was missing before. What a great idea he had just had!
© Copyright 2010 FreeFun (freefun at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659978-Idea