*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1658831-Old-face
Rated: E · Poetry · History · #1658831
I was thinking about slavery and concentration camps when I wrote this
The sun beats down upon my old and weathered face, It has been so long since they let me rest.
I pray to God for the cool release of water and shade, will he listen to me? Will he answer my request? Or will he allow me to perish, to wither and fall.
The sun beats down upon my old and weathered face, from dusk til dawn its rays hammer and bake.
I pray to God for the peace of the night, will he bring it on early? Will he allow me to sleep? Or will he crack their whip and raise their hands once more.
The sun beats down upon my old and weathered face, when will I see the sweet young faces of my children
I pray to God for their happiness and health, will he listen to their prayers? Will he allow them to live? Or are they already dead?
The sun beats down upon my old and weathered face, this is my life, my punishment and their crime.
I pray to God to take me to him, I’m old, I’m tired and I need him to grant my request. Will he listen? Does he listen?
The sun beats down upon my old, still and weathered face, my eye lids are closed, my body is still and I can finally rest. God answered.
© Copyright 2010 Oscar22 (oscar22 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1658831-Old-face