*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1656704-Within-The-Hour-My-Hour-Ch-1
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1656704
A romance story in the making. Just throwing some ideas around. Im not good with dialouge.
    It was a warm and slightly cloudy March day. Natalie Green was on her way home from the market. Only 17 years old, she lived alone. Her parents died in an "accident" cause by the General Mercy Mental Institution. Her family had abandoned her after the accident afraid that she might turn out the same way as her parents. Her parents weren't crazy. They were....special you could say. Her father Matthew Green could read minds and her mother Cassie Green could predict the future. They both could control their powers to the point where they could ignore them and it wouldn't bother them. However back then, things had started to get a little strange. Their powers had intensified before they were admitted and they could no longer control them, even if they wanted to. Everyone around them started to change shape in their eyes, looking more and more like monsters from the deep and they begin talking to themselves saying over and over again that the "evil" was coming. Whatever that was.
    Natalie had inherited her father's power and her mother's beauty. She was 5'4 and had chest length brunette hair. She had soft hazel eyes with flecks of gold in them. She had cute pink lips that accented her sun kissed skin. She may not have had much of a chest (she just made it to a B cup) or much else but she had a smile that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. But even then she rarely dated and when she did, it never lasted long. She finally pulled her black bmw into her driveway and carried her groceries inside. It was around 3 p.m. and her Russian Blue cat Tiffany was waiting for her on the nearby couch.
  "Hey girl. How's it goin?" she greeted the cat sweetly. Tiffany just shifted her head to the side and went into the kitchen. Natalie rolled her eyes and followed. After putting away everything, she called her best friend James.
  "Nattie! How've ya been? I haven't heard from you in 3 days and you know that's not gonna work with me." His voice was excited but his voice always held some sort of roughness in it.
  "Haha, I called you yesterday remember?", she shook her head, "Anyways, I'm watching a movie later on tonight wanna come over and watch with me?" She grabbed Tiffany's food bowl and grab a can of cat food from the cabinet.
  "Um...I can't. Sorry Nattie. I'm a little busy tonight." James said suddenly.
  "Oh...Ok then. I guess maybe some other time?" she said trying to hide her disappointment.
  "Yea I suppose...Listen, I gotta go. Bye." Click. She hung up the phone and gave Tiffany her food.
"Eh. Forget him. He's just a silly boy anyways." she yawned and went upstairs to her bedroom. She dropped just like she was onto her bed and dozed off. It started raining and thunder growled like a hungry tiger waking Natalie from her sleep. The clock read 11:35. She rubbed her eyes and stumbled to the bathroom. She splashed water on her face and after she wiped her face off, she felt a cloth close around her nose and mouth. She breathed in instinctively and suddenly felt very drowsy. She made a small noise and darkness closed around her.
© Copyright 2010 Ashanti B. (ashcake at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1656704-Within-The-Hour-My-Hour-Ch-1