*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1655865-Maps
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1655865
It is a fantasy story about a girl named Shaintea, living in a world of few laws.
                                                CHAPTER 1

                                                    The Plan



        Shaintea raced up the stairs, eager to consult her best friend. Her blue cape whipped behind her as her green clasped boots hit the old, soggy stone steps of the tavern. She could hardly contain her excitement. "Teya! Teya!" she cried. She found her friend at the balcony, staring at the city, ready to deliver someones food. "Hi" she muttered.
          Teya Lond's father owned the tavern, and had employed her as a waitress. She was thin and light, and Shaintea always said she was a pushover, and needed to speak up for herself. But her father made the decisions for her, despite her sadness. She was wearing a jagged-ended blue dress, with light, blue boots and a red belt, a red cape, and a light purple shawl. Teya had mocha brown hair, braided tightly. Her pet squirrel sat at her shoulder. Her flawless skin accented dark blue eyes and thin pink lips, and her natural beauty was why she was best at selling ale.
            "Teya, what's wrong?" asked Shaintea. Teya only sighed. "C'mon, T. You have to tell me. Maybe I can help?" Again, Teya sighed. "No. You can't help. Father says I'm getting married." Shaintea was appalled. How could this be? She'd had a great idea! "T, he can't do that! That, of all things, is your choice. You get that? Your choice." The two life-long friends looked at each other. "Not where we're from."
            Teya and her father had always been foreigners, since the day they crawled out of the forest, when Teya was 1 year old. Shaintea grabbed Teya's arm. "Not if I have something to say about it." Shaintea was smart, headstrong, and stubborn. She was determined to prove she wasn't a helpless little girl, and could do anything she wanted. This could lead to problems though, and she tended to rush right into things way beyond her grasp. Because of her stubbornness, she got angry very easily, but she was the most loyal person in the city. Her parents died when she was 4, and she was taken in by a local family.
          Unfortunately, they shared nothing in common, and life with her foster parents was miserable. Shaintea was not one for rules, and ran away at age 14. She took her real mother's necklace, foster father's sword, foster mother's adventure belt (rope, pick axe, etc.), and her real father's guild cape. She now lived in the forest and had adopted a fox. Everyone knew she ran away. No one bothered to try and catch her.
          All hell broke loose by the bar. 2 overweight, drunk men were throwing punches, fighting over something. Only the girls on the balcony new what or, more precisely, who. The men both had fancy jewelry and a few servant/slaves cheering for them. Everyone was definitely flustered by the outbreak, except for the last woman in the corner.
            "Stop!" cried  Teya, desperately trying to make herself  noticed.  She tried to push  her way to the front,  but wasn't strong enough.  Shaintea had  to clear  a path between the people in front of Teya.  When Teya  reached the men, she  tried  to step in front  of  them, to stop the fight, but to no avail. At one point, one man said "Sorry little Missy" and pushed her aside. He didn't sound very sorry, and ended up sending her careening into a wall, where she fell down. Shaintea rushed over.

            The woman in the corner wore a black jacket and had brown pants. Her skin was tan and her brown hair hung loose around her shoulders. She even had brown eyes and dark brown boots. She simply stood up and walked to the front of the forming crowd. With a flick of her ankle, she tripped one man. She twisted herself into the fight, her moves much more coordinated and defined. Despite the heavier weight, she hefted one man and threw him into the opposite wall of Teya. The other she sent spinning. Eventually, both trying to get at her, the men collapsed.
          The fight over, people started chatting. The woman noticed. "That's it. There's nothing to see here!" she cried. "Get to your places! Mind your own business!" She walked over to Teya and Shaintea. "Hi. I'm Kenya." She said, reaching out a hand. Teya got up and curtsied. "Thank you for breaking that up." Kenya smirked. "You were having trouble. It's no prob, pretty girl." Teya blushed. It was true. Teya was probably the prettiest girl in the city.
              "Shaintea!" yelled a voice, coming up the stairs. It was a man. He was a 20 year old guy who kind of obviously had a crush on the 18 year old Shaintea, but was also kind of an idiot. He always said the accidentally right thing to make her hate him from his brown boots and black jeans down to the last purplish-blackish spike of hair on his head. Today he was wearing a baggy red & dark green plaid shirt. "Oh" said Shaintea drearily. "Hi Kent."
              "Shaintea!" Kent gasped. "Shaine. Are you okay?" Kenya looked irritated. "Dude! What the hell is your problem?" she asked. "Shaintea's not the one who got thrown into a wall, you nitwit." Kent pretended to act hurt. "You think I didn't notice? It's just that-"
            "It's just that you're an idiot." Shaintea finished."Now shut up, all of you. I have awesome news. Well, kind of awesome. It's awesome for us. And maybe for some other people. Well, it's all in all awesome, But not for some." Kenya couldn't take it. "Get on with it!" she yelled. "Okay, okay. Here it is. You know the fairy-vs-shadow fairy war?" replied Shaintea. Everyone nodded. "Well, the shadow fairies are having one last, All-Out attack on the fairies in 3 months. Bombs, swords, spells, and those weird new gun things they invented. Everything."
              They stared at her, stunned. Kenya finally spoke up. "And this helps us how?" Shaintea realized what she said. "Oh. OH! No wait, I meant we can go to the fairy city, and warn them." Kent stared. "Uh, Shaine? Do you even know how to get to the fairy city?" Shainetea looked up. "Oh. Um, well you can go through the river, or take a route through the forest, down a hill, up a creek, through the forgotten city, take a boat through the ocean, through another forest, and ask the fairies to let you into the sky to the city. And I spoke randomly. No one knows what order that's in. No one ever survives the river, so we'll go through the forest, past th-"
                At that point, Kenya spoke up. "You know, neither you nor your friend here would survive out there. I'd take my chances with the not so bright one, but he'd probably last only a week. Even Cota & I couldn't protect you." Shaintea didn't take this well, and neither did Kent. Teya just looked embarrassed. "I'm sorry-"

          "No. Don't be, Teya. You have some nerve, Kenya." Shaintea glared. Kenya smirked. "Oh do I? Well, I've been living in the forest since age 13, and it's not a tea party. Shaine, is it? Have you ever been in the jails here?" Shaintea tried to look tough. "So what if I have, huh?" Kenya was not amused. "Those forests are 100 times worse." Shaintea paled. She hated this city, and though it sounded tough, would take a suicide quest if it meant getting out. She sighed. "Then we're going to need Kerrigan."



                                               
                    Kerrigan lived in a small house at the edge of town. Her small white & yellow puppy yelped from inside when anyone but her got close to the house. The group of 4 entered the cottage to a chorus of barking and panting. As soon as they entered, they all wished they had stayed right outside.
          Kerrigan stood tall and proud, though she was only 6,100 years old. The average magi lived to about 50,000. Despite this, she had more experience stripes (purple for her chosen color) on her skin than any other sorcerer alive, no matter their age. She had the darkest blues eyes and her flowing purple shirt was outlined by tight green pants and boots, and there were over 250 pouches all over her body. Long orange ponytails lengthened to Kerrigan's hips. A deep green-&-purple neck scarf covered her neck and mouth, but could never hide her beautiful, trapping voice, though some wished it did.
            "What do you want?" Kerrigan demanded. She was a figure of high status, and had been a very motherly figure to Teya and Shaintea over the years. They both bowed. "We wish you to accompany us on a journey into the forest." Kerrigan chuckled at this, until what they said hit her. "The forest? You children can't go there. Too dangerous. It's too dangerous. I won't allow it." Shaintea stood up to protest. "We're not children anymore. I grew up on the street. Teya's running away. Kent is pretty strong, and Kenya broke up a bar fight!" Kerrigan snorted. "Drunken hooligans are hardly anything compared to what's out there.
                Kenya stepped out. "I've been living in that forest since I was little. I told them they wouldn't last out there, and they decided to take you along. So, you coming or not? 'Cause we're going with or without you." Kerrigan looked down, defeated. "At least let Teya stay. Coming here has been the best thing that could have happened to her and her father since..." Kerrigan looked away, but Teya looked hopeful. "You know where I'm from?" She asked. The incalculable sadness in Kerrigan's green eyes were all Teya really needed for an answer. "I lost friends there," was all Kerrigan said. She looked away again, and finally sighed."I'm going with you."
Kenya quietly nodded to herself, while Kent, Teya and Shaintea cheered. "We're going to Lifa!" Shaintea cried.















                               
                                                    Chapter 2
                                                Kerrigan's Advice


              "Can you pass me that?" Kerrigan asked. "Just don't touch it" she added. "What?" said Shaintea. "That's impossible!" Kerri looked at her. "It's actually easier than it looks." she commented, pulling something to her through the air with magic. "And how was I supposed to do that?" Shaintea glared. Kerrigan laughed, then suggested "Use your sleeve?" Shaintea sheepishly looked down. "Oh." she whispered, and Kerrigan laughed, and Shaintea tried to look indignant, but it didn't last long. Kerrigan's good-nature laugh was one of the best sounds a person could hear.
                      Kent bumbled his way in the hut, returning from the trek to his house. Shaintea stared at him. He fell down clumsily trying to get a tiny helmet on his head, then decided against it and let his spiky, rebellious hair cut free.

"Uh, Kent?"

"Yeah, Shaine?"

"Are you wearing a suit of armor? With a hawk emblazoned on the front?"

"I sure am."

"Where did you get it?"

"It was my grandfather's. Why are you asking so many questions?"

        "Because you're an idiot." replied Shaintea, back to herself after the initial shock. "I meant WHY are you wearing it?" Kent looked at her, puzzled.
"Why wouldn't I? I mean. that forest is really dangerous."                                                     

"But you'll slow us down, Duh!"

        "No, I'm really fast with it. My dad trained me." Shaintea balled her fists at the obvious quip about her orphanage, but held back. "Come on." she growled. "It's time to go."
         


              "Alright" said Kerrigan, standing in front of the group when all but one of them had returned. "Ground rules for going out. First of all, never say my name. I have a history in that forest, and a lot of people might want revenge. Don't be tricked into thinking there's no one around. The tree's have ears. If it's a big emergency, and I mean life-or-death not 'I broke a nail', call me Kerri. Some might understand who that means, but hopefully most won't."
              "Second of all, don't spark a conversation. Like I said, we don't want more trouble than we need. And trouble's coming. Big trouble. So I'll rarely ever speak. Only when I absolutely need to. So, any questions?"
                Before anyone could respond, Kerrigan remembered something. "Oh and, uh, don't touch my stuff. Everything I have here could definitely hurt someone like you guys." Shaintea raised her hand and Kerrigan scoffed. "You're not in school, you know?" Shaintea gave her a look. "I never raise my hand in school. In fact, I rarely got to school. Anyway, since you've given us this......little bit of advice, how should we walk?" Kerrigan thought for a moment. "Silent. You could talk a little, but quietly. You never know what's in those woods." She looked at them. "Where's Kenya?"
          "Oh," answered Teya, "she went to go feed Cota." Kerrigan looked confused. "Cota?" Again, Teya answered. "Her bear." Kerrigan nodded her head. "Uh-huh. A bear. Right. I'll ask her myself." Then Kenya returned with her bear. Kerrigan choked on her words. "Where'd you get a bear?!" She half-asked, half-screamed. Kenya looked up. "Long story." she replied. "I'll tell you on the way. Anyway, What'd I miss?"
          As Kerrigan filled in Kenya on what to do in the forest, Teya and Shaintea talked. "I don't know how to whisper, so I'm probably going to be silent the whole time" She said. "Mm-hmm" Teya nodded. She was a little distant, thinking about something else. Thinking about what Kerrigan had said.


                As they walked along, the hum of the forest walked with them. The air smelled dark, green, and earthy, and was filled with a calming entirety, despite the fact that Shaintea was on edge. They were too deep in rogue territory. This was a wild place. No laws, no rules. A soft breeze rustled trough as lithe shapes danced in the trees. Something stood out against the dank, damp, darkness.Something the sun seemed to be shining on, even though there was no sun. Something..... pink.
                A group of bright flowers huddled together in the scarce light. They were so dainty, so fragile, yet they had survived out here. They were just, so, very, very, beautiful. As the wind whistled through the leaves, there seemed to be a whisper, like something just out of reach. A voice, talking, speaking to her, yet it couldn't be heard. Then it broke through, and like a thousand wind chimes, the voice was heard.
                  A soft, gentle voice broke out, so small only Shaintea could hear it. "Come down. Come on. We want your love. We are so beautiful. So precious. So nice. Come see us. Look at us. We are so fragile. So precious, so very precious. Come touch our fragile petals. Love us. Love us. Touch our petals."
                  Shaintea leaned in without thinking. She stooped down and outstretched her hand, as Kerrigan turned just in time. With a quick, smooth motion, Kerri pushed away Shaintea's hand, doubled her over and kept her away. In her softest, firmest voice she uttered "No." and walked away. Shaintea paled.
                  She couldn't even imagine something so deathly, Kerrigan wouldn't tell her what it was. Then something even worse. Kerrigan had actually talked. With a gulp of surprise, Shaintea got up and stuck where she was. She glanced at the flowers. They were still there, as enticing as ever. Their sweet, sweet smell. how they delicately swayed with the wind. Snap out of it, she told herself.
                  The flowers no longer looked nice. They were just flowers. There wasn't even wind anymore. 'Why would I almost get myself killed over flowers?" she thought to herself. The others were waiting. With a shudder, Shaintea finally turned her back on the flowers and jogged to catch up with her friends. The whisper was gone.
              Now, as they walked through the forest, Shaintea didn't go near anything. She didn't have second thoughts, or even try. Teya began to trudge beside her. They'd walked for hours, and it was becoming cold as it got darker. Teya slipped her hand into her friend's, and Shaintea realized that it was freezing. Like ice, she thought, as she saw the paleness in Teya's skin. Despite the sympathy she felt for her best friend, It was a little reassuring to know she wasn't the only one who was scared.
                As the group found it's way to an abandoned fort, it got darker. "We should camp here tonight," suggested Kent. Kenya grunted in agreement and let her heavy camp bags slip off her shoulders, which Cota immediately fell asleep on. Shaintea let go of Teya's hand and looked around. A corner of the boxy room was overgrown. Age old branches broke through the rotting walls and curved in a wide arc, concealing something inside.  Leaves fulled out the gaps, with dead ones crouching to the floor to become mulch, while young grasses and ferns unfurled in the hopes of coming dew.
                  All this was taken in before a second was over, and the next thought shoved it's way into Shaine's head, making her perk up. It could be hiding treasure! Without a moment of consideration, Shaintea began to dash to the curling leaves, eager to pull apart the natural curtains and take a peek, but Kenya had beaten her to the punch. After trying to get a look, Kenya left to rummage through her bags, looking for the right tool. Years of treasure hunting experience, supposed Shainetea. Though it was no longer her own discovery, Shaintea still longed to find out what was hidden in the folds of vegetation, so she set off at a brisk pace to find it.
                As Shaintea reached the thick undergrowth surrounding her goal, she batted away leaves and thorns and pushed at thwacking branches. I didn't know this wall was so thick, she said to herself. Shaine reached the other side and gasped. She stared at the scene before her in disbelief. Behind the wall of plant life, standing completely stock still, were 2 young girls.











                                                    Chapter 3

                                                    Tamisha





                    One of the girls was tan, and wearing a torn purple shall covered in shadow fairy blood. Vines surrounded her and held her in place. Her uneven hair was dark purple and ratty, as if not brushed for ages. Her clouded eyes stared into nothing, and for a second Shaintea thought she was dead.
                    The second girl had completely, purely white skin. Her eyes, whites & pupil and all, were an icy blue. She gasped as Shaintea burst in, and from the waist down, the girl was a tree.
                    Shaintea uttered a startled cry. The 2 girls were silent, but the girl in white grabbed a tree branch, and a green shawl materialized out of nowhere. As she pulled it from he tree, the green became duller, and shortened so that it just covered the girls torso. She shielded her icy blue eyes from the sudden sunlight, and stared back at Shaintea. Shaintea stepped in and let go of the branches, and the White Girl lowered her arms. "Who are you?" Shaintea whispered. The girl looked up at her and spoke. "I'm Steina."
                    The voice was so delicate, it was as if you could break it. Disuse had made it a bit rusty, but it came out silky smooth. "Steina." The name was odd in Shaintea's mouth, and her accent was obviously wrong. The name was Claferen, the language spoken by Fairies and Elves. "Wow," whispered Shaintea, as she stared into the younger girls eyes. She couldn't help feeling sorry for Steina, as there was reproachfulness and fear in her eyes. It was if a sadness in her past had hurt her.
                      Shaintea reached out, but Steina slunk away and leaned back, covering her face in her hands. "What's wrong?" Shaintea asked, because Steina was shaking her head and sobbing. She took her hands away and hot tears ran down her cheeks. "You shouldn't be here," she cried. "You shouldn't be seeing me, touching me, talking to me. You shouldn't even know I exist!" Her words came in sudden gasps, as if her voice really had broken. "It's okay," Shaintea said, backing away to get Kerrigan or Teya, when she tripped on a root. Her shoulder fell against the other girl, and Shaintea stepped back. The vines disintegrated.
                      "Uh, huh?" The other girl stumbled. As she realized what she had been doing, she whirled around. She glared at Shaintea, and got into attack position. She emitted a shrill whistle, and her pet came stalking from the woods. It growled, bared it's teeth, and crouched into attack position. "Who are you?" challenged the girl. Shaintea drew herself up and got out her sword. "None of YOUR business," She returned. "We'll see about that," the girl uttered, and she lunged. Suddenly, Steina cried out. "Tamisha, no!"
                      Tamisha stopped herself just in time. She swerved and glared at Steina. "What?" she growled. "I-I-I-I'm...I'm...I'm sorry. I mean no, wait, not sorry. I mean, I just, I......I don't know. Sorry. No, wait, I just,...Well..." Steina stumbled over herself in an attempt to explain. Shaintea eyed them warily. "You mean you know her?" she asked. Steina looked surprised. "This is Tamisha," she answered. "She's a forest-"
                        Tamisha lunged over and knocked all the wind out of Steina. She stood up. "I can introduce myself." Extending a hand,she added, "as you may know, I'm Tamisha."















                                                        Chapter 4

                                                        Fights



            "I'm sorry for such harsh meeting terms," Tamisha apologized while bending down to stroke her tiger. Then Kenya came in.
            Kenya took one look at the Tiger, and freaked out. It had been guarding treasure when it came out. Kenya glared. "You know Red & Black Tiger breeds are endangered, right? They're illegal to keep as pets. Just because they're cool and you're rich, doesn't make them a good match. If you treat wildlife badly-"
            Tamisha lunged and slapped Kenya on the face before anyone could register what happened. "I know, alright? Jeez, stop giving me a lecture. I'd never treat nature badly. I left a life of luxury for it. I love the wildlife!" Kenya was taken aback by the sudden outburst. She reached a hand to her face. Suddenly and awkwardly, she regained her posture and began to yell. "Then why do you have a Red & Black Tiger, huh? Domestic homes don't suit them at all. They belong in temperate forests, okay?"
            Tamisha looked at Kenya and sighed, bored with her aggression. "What, you think I live down the street from your house? Do I look like I live in a domestic home?" She replied sarcastically. She was right. Her hair was tousled and tangled, her outfit dirty and destroyed. She was dusty and scarred, obviously having lived in the forest quite a while before the vines engulfed her.
            Before the argument could progress any further, Shaintea butted in. "Would you like to join our group?" she asked. "WHAT!?" Kenya screamed, but Shaintea ignored her, awaiting Tamisha's answer. "Only if you keep this nosy bore out of my business." Kenya was outraged. "Hey, it's not my fault you're careless!"
            Shaintea sighed. This was not the way she'd imagined her quest.





"Well, I think You should be the one to pack the tents."
"Nuh-uh. Don't you dare try to push this on me."
"Well it's obviously your responsibility. You're the new girl."
"Yeah, so it's your turn. I know the forest better than you do. I'll scout ahead."
            Tamisha and Kenya were bickering again, this time over responsibility. They'd argued five times over the past two days. Shaintea groaned. She was ready to gouge out her eardrums. Instead of listening to how the fights turned out, she went over to talk to Steina. "Hey," she said, sparking conversation. "I bet we could uproot you, and you could travel with us." Steina shook her head. "I can't just leave like that. None of you have the correct magic."
            "Aw, c'mon. I bet Kerrigan can patch you right up. It'll be really lonely here without Tamisha. She's following us. Why don't you?" But again, Steina just shook her head. "Even Kerrigan couldn't do it. Please, just don't ask." Shaintea's expression turned hard. "No," she said outright. "No. I'm a girl who doesn't abandon people. Except maybe Kent. So don't try to force yourself to stay. I won't do it. I won't let you." Then Shaintea saw a personality of Steina's she'd never expected to see. "It's not that simple." Her face was hard and cold, like steel. Her voice was icy and deep, and freezing fire burned in her eyes. "I told you, don't ask. But since you pressed on in hope of persuasion, I'll tell you. I'm bound here with fairy magic."
            A shadow of doubt flickered across Shaintea's face, and she faltered. "I-I have to go." she whispered. And like a leaf on the breeze, she was gone. Steina just broke down crying.
            Fairy magic? But how? Only Fairies could perform fairy magic. Not even Shadow Fairies could. And Fairies only banished serious criminals. Shaintea shuttered. And they only root killers, she thought. So how is Steina here and rooted? Who did she kill?
                They left without looking back. Shaintea cast one more remorseful look at Steina, who returned it. Then, without so much as a whisper, they were on the road again. Tamisha knew the forest better (at least this part anyway), so she won the argument and scouted ahead, But Kenya still got to take up the back. She kept watch with her sword drawn. They kept walking and walking, Shaintea, Teya, Kenya, and Kerrigan silent, while Tamisha and Kent silently talked.
Then they reached a bridge.





                                                                          Chapter 5
                                                                      The Hedorgon
       
            The bridge was small and wooden, hunching upward. There was a stump nearby, with some guy sitting on it. He had brown, cut back hair, like a pointed military haircut. He had a kind face, with a sort of laid back smile. He had tough leather armor, with a wolf on it. His companion was a bear.
            "You're not going to want to go across the bridge alone." He called out. "Sure we can," replied Shaintea. "We're not little kids. You don't have to hold our hands." The guy wasn't moved. In fact, he smiled wider. "I'm the bridge guide, and trust me, you're going to want me and Jed's help." He said. At this, Shaintea got really angry.
            While the professionals (Kenya, Kerrigan and Tamisha) made a rational decision, Shaintea stormed up to the Guide. "I don't no who you are, or why you're bothering us, but we don't need no one's help." Teya blushed, and Shaintea stormed onto the bridge alone. "Hey, wait!" shouted Kent. Too late, the other three girls looked up. The water rippled, and a great hulking beast splashed out.


            "The HEDORGON!" screamed Teya, as it's huge muscular arm knocked away Shaintea.
The mythical monster that had reared it's head in many human tales had glistening green scales, and a serpent-like tail. Slick wet orange hair covered it's head. Eyes flared red and it's mouth watered, showing razor sharp teeth. Powerful muscles threatened to burst it's tight skin, and it's talon hands clutched a sharp, obsidian-ended trident. Two crocodiles appeared out of the water behind it. Who knew what else the murky depth held?
            The Hedorgon picked up Kent and threw him against a tree, and they could hear the snap of the impact. Teya tried to run across the bridge to Shaintea, but a crocodile caught her leg and tried to drag her into the water. The Hedorgon used it's wickedly bladed trident to hoist Tamisha up and smash her down, and she cried out in pain. Shaintea looked up and saw Kerrigan trying to hold it back, but it smashed her magic walls. Shaintea caught the Hedorgon's attention, and he snagged her cape with his trident. She kept running and tore the cape, hair loose and face scratched. She rancrawled, low to the ground, to the Bridge Guide. "Aren't you going to help?!"
            He laughed and smirked. "I thought you didn't need me to hold your hand," he teased. Shaintea screamed, but attracted the Hedorgon's attention. She turned to see his fist swinging, and knew she wouldn't survive another blow. She looked away and shut her eyes, but nothing happened. She looked and gasped in surprise to see the Bridge Guide, blocking the punch. "Run!" he cried, his voice strained. Shaintea deftly nodded and swirled away, while the guide twisted around the Hedorgon, striking at every opportunity.
            Kent had gotten up, and his injury held the Hedorgon's attention with the prospect of an easy target. Kent knew this and used it to his advantage, distracting the Hedorgon while Kerrigan and Bridge battered it from every side. Kenya streaked towards Teya, and knocked the crocodile away, just as Teya was almost out of strength. The Hedorgon's eye caught on Shaintea, who was exhausted and beaten, grasping a hurt shoulder. A sadistic smile spread across his face, and he conducted the second crocodile towards her. Shaintea jumped back and lost her balance, falling over. Luckily, Tamisha was there to help, batting it away.
            With the combined efforts of Kerrigan, the Bridge Guide, Tamisha, Kenya, and Kent, the Hedorgon fell.
         


            Once the battle was done, everyone tried to get moving again. Kent and Shaintea and Tamisha gathered, for they had the worst wounds, wondering where Teya was. She had agreed to be the healer. They walked around looking for her, and finally found her by the bank of the river. She was breathing heavily, unconscious and dragged to the edge of the dirty water. The crocodile's teeth marks were red with blood and poison. Her veins were clearly visible through sickly yellowish-green skin. She was dying.

© Copyright 2010 Smiley Jean (holacrab12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1655865-Maps