*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1653811-A-feeling-of-warmth-under-the-covers
Rated: 13+ · Other · Romance/Love · #1653811
comfort sets in and everything feels right, you smile and let your guard down.
I hear the whispering of sneaking foot steps slowly tapping on the hallway floor. They venture closer to the bedroom where I lay my weary eyes almost to a gentle rest. Your socks soften the tapping of your delicate feet with each step you take. Through the finger printed smudged window I can see the dim lit sky. There's barely a moon out tonight with hardly any stars. You gently push open the door and I quickly shut my eyes so you wouldn't feel a small guilt for wakening me. As quiet as a whisper you sneak into bed and slip under the sheets pulling them up to tuck both of us in. I then feel your hand gently caress my hair right above my left ear. Kindness speaks from your thoughts and heart. They fill the room with affection. My mind is flattered by the words you so kindly utter with such softness. Magnetically, my hand reaches for yours and holds it strong to my heart, pressing it hard enough for you to feel the beating it makes. I feel so lucky to have you with me, making the life I know more soothing and tender.
© Copyright 2010 Jeff Beauman (jeffbeauman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1653811-A-feeling-of-warmth-under-the-covers