*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1643634-Funeral
by Kylin
Rated: E · Short Story · Dark · #1643634
A funeral that brings closer to some but only sorrow to one
It's a funeral. But only one figure shows that hallow eyed grief of one who truly has lost something invaluable. There is no eulogy of painful farewells to the dearly departed, just the quite murmuring of the crowd. With their tired eyes finally finding some resolve. For them it was over, for her it had all began.

She threw a single blood red rose as the casket fell. Every eye follows as it descends into the wounded gaping ground. “Sorry” A single word barely spoken and heard by no one but the wind. It was the only word he'd left with her. Sorry that you left, or sorry for the blood you left behind? She asks from her sorrowed silence. No one would answer, even if she asked aloud. No one had answers.

There is a strange silence, only the wind seems to have a voice at all as it moans over the slabs of rock that mark where more wounds were made. Where they were remembered. Even if it would be easier to forget. That is if forgiveness is possible.

She shivers from an absent warmth, as a silent sob escapes her. Could you have caused all this? She asks her lusterless eyes gazing at the hard eyed crowd. Could you be the monster that haunts them, that caused so many wounds She asks, as if somehow he could answer from where he slept six feet below.

The sound of fallen being crushed beneath booted feet gently breaks the silence as all but one leave. She watches them leave, and lets a single tear fall, followed by so many more.

“Why?!” She asks her delicate voice torn as she demands an answer, though only the darting squirrels could hear, they didn't even give her a quizzed glance. They couldn't answer. No one could. “Why?” barely more then a sob as her quivering frame collapsed among the fallen leaves.

___________________________________________________________________________________

If you have taken the time to read this tell me what you think was the connection between the girl, the deceased and the crowd.
© Copyright 2010 Kylin (kylin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1643634-Funeral