*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1629521-Entry-Story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1629521
A young girl falls in love with someone. What happens when she removes the mask?
                                              "Behind Thy Mask"

      Yuki entered the hall with her brothers. She could hear the band playing in the ball room. Sighing she put her mask on and fixed her dress. She had long blonde hair to herback in curls and lovely blue eyes. "Uh...Little sis, we are going to go to the ball room." Hazu said as two women appared at both there sides. "Enjoy your evening." Yuki sighed as she watched them leave. She got a glass of wine along with a small plate of fancy sugar cookies and stepped out onto the Terrence. She could see the stars and not be bothered by those drunken fools inside. Kai, which is short for Kaito, had walked out  onto the balcony wearing his black suit with a red tie. Kai had short silver hair with dark blue mysterious eyes. His mask was already on. Kai stands about a yard stick away from the other girl with golden hair. "Like the stars don't you" Kai spoke to the girl but staring up at the sky. "Yes sir, they remind me there is something better out there." Yuki sighed turning to look at the man who had spoke. She smiled and took a sip of her wine.
      "Something like what?" Kai asked looking towards her. "I'm Yuki. Would you like to dance?" She asked turning towards him. "I'm Kai and It would be my pleasure" Kai spoke with a gentle smile and takes her hand and leads her inside. Kai noticed that Yuki had a silver rose with a green vine along her wrist but didn't say nothing about it. Yuki smiled as they began to twirl around the dance floor, she knew Kai saw the tatoo but didn't care.. The music became soft as the lights dimmed a little bit and it almost felt to Kai that the lights were on them only and no one else was around. Kai smiled a sweet smile while looking at her "so what brings a rose like you here" Kai asked her. "My brothers enjoy the women, I enjoy the dancing and fine wine." She said with a laugh. Her Irish blood made her a good dancer and a bit of a hot head, she rarely thought before she acted. "Ah okay" Kai didn't know what to say to a woman who looked like a rose and yet Kai was the opposite almost but Kai didn't let that take over having a good time. They danced the night away, and when the clock struck 2, Ember pulled him back onto the Terrence laughing. "Tell me, what did you do in Ireland for a year Kai?" She asked drinking her 4th glass of wine.
      "Mostly race or go to the beach" Kai spoke looking up towards the stars. Ember took off her mask and shook her wildly red hair. "My family is from Ireland. I Guess that is why I am so crazy." She said dancing around on her toes. The ball house was now empty save for a few guest. Ember knew her brothers were upstairs with those women from early for at least another hour. "Kai, Kiss me." She said twirling over to him. Kai looked at her a bit surprised but also seemed to want this as well. So Kai pulled her gently them together and placing a hand under her right cheek and pulling her in for a kiss. Ember reached up and pulled Kai closer. She wanted him closer, even if she was drunk stupid she knew what she wanted. Kai kissed her back as the bright moon above shown down upon them with stars circling itself looking like sparkles. The warm breeze gently swirled around and past them as the scent of roses could be smelled from the garden near. Giggeling Ember reached up and undid Kai's mask. It fall away in her hand and she looked up into the face of a women. An owl hooted out in the distance as Kai stepped back not knowing what reaction this would bring and waited.
        "Your a...a....Girl?" Ember asked trying to figure out what was going on. wasn't she just dancing with a man? "...Yea, excuse me know princess" Kai spoke and leaves the terrance and across the ball room dance floor and out the doors.Ember stood there confused then her brothers walked out. "There you are, lets go home." she sighed and went home. She kissed her Father good night, recited her Poetry and Prayers then went to bed. She dreamed of Kai.

(754 Words Long)
© Copyright 2009 Angelaria (angelaria at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1629521-Entry-Story