*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627484-Deal-To-Save-Forests
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Assignment · Environment · #1627484
Loosing our forests. Possible deal to save them. For my current event.
Drew Erkelens
Period 5/6 Green
Current Event

Deal To Save Environment?

In Copenhagen deal makers just made a deal to forbid countries of cutting down our rain forests and other important plant lifes that help our Earth. The deal is not decided fully yet or confirmed but the idea is up and looks like it is working.

About 20% of all the greenhouse gases on Earth come from the cutting down of our rain forests and only speeding up the process of global warming. The gases are released when the trees are cut down because they hold in the primary heat sources(carbon dioxide). When they are cut down they have know where else to go but the amosphere.

On Wednesday December 17th a treaty for this deal is going to go out to minister in 200 countries and if it is signed countries will be getting paid to preserve our rain forests based on what they contribute. This offer will provide us with the chance to lower our emissions which I guess is important.

The plans were to get president Obama to look at the deal later this week but it might be moved further down the line into the next year and looked at then. A man said in the end, "We do not have another year to deliberate,nature does not negotiate".

I think that this person who said the quote above was right and I think he was saying that we cant wait a whole year things are only going to worsen in that time. This is going to be a good deal if it ends up getting signed because if we don't sop cutting down our rain forests there will eventually be none left,not to mention all the green house gases it will have revealed.We should not wait a year,we need to do it now and not keep putting this of because it is an important matter and people should care.





© Copyright 2009 snoopysnoopersnoop (snoopysnooper at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627484-Deal-To-Save-Forests