*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1624968-When-Isabella-saw-her-husband-dead
Rated: E · Short Story · Death · #1624968
This heart wrenching story of Isabella will move any wife. Sorry this story is copyrighted
Isabella let out a scream. She sank onto her knees and frantically tried to wipe away the blood. There he was, Chris, coughing blood violently out his mouth. His clothes and light hair were drenched with the thick, crimson liquid and his eyes were squeezed shut. He had his arms folded tightly around his waist as he rolled about in agony that could hurt and bring tears to the eyes who beheld it. After a few seconds, he lay still of exhaustion and Isabella understood the horror -- Chris Vile, a famous government officer, had been murdered with a kitchen knife.

Just a few hours ago, the happy family of four (Chris, Isabella, and the children, Randy and Megan) had got into the dark outdoors for a visit to the movies. It had been a dark and silent night and nothing stirred. They walked chattily to the theater and bought tickets for four. Then they settled in with their popcorn and bottles of Coke.

After ten minutes, Chris felt a toilet emergency rising, so he ran into the male's cubical to ease himself. He didn't come back for a long time and Isabella sensed something amiss. She told her children to stay where they were and moved to the toilets when she saw her beloved husband lying on the floor in a pool of blood.

It was a painful, wretched sight to see, and Isabelle all but liked it. She gave out a scream and ran towards his body, muttering "he's not dead, he's not dead." Only when his arms moved aside, though, did she see her worst nightmare. Chris was murdered, and nothing could bring him back.

She writhed beside him in grief and she desperately tried to shake life into him. Nothing worked. She cursed God for doing this to her and hated the person who had killed him. She lay for a while in pain and agony and sadness till finally, God did her mercy, and ended her life.

© Copyright 2009 SharmilaSaheed (rosedrops at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1624968-When-Isabella-saw-her-husband-dead