*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1624095-Did-She
by asia
Rated: E · Poetry · Friendship · #1624095
spoken word lyrics...wondering if she was so much better than me.
did she out woman me? did she out shine me? did her glow blind you so that you couldnt see my radiance?

i am asia
born
radiant
earth . land where the sun rises, complete, pleasure giving, love creating, life sustaining essence.

that's me

i'm wisdom, like water, woman with a heart that beats and pumps and moves the universe.

so i want to know....

did she reach her hand into the depths of your pain and manipulate away the hurt?
did she turn your tears into honey and feed you eternity?
did she make you....
sing?

did she out woman me? out love me? out nurture me?

did she fill you up with energy that made you do things you never thought you could?
did she make you sigh? lower your shoulders, relax your jaws and see the world beautiful?
did you  dip your pen in her ink and come out wielding a weapon of masterpiece creation?

did she make you feel 9 feet tall and love all 16 shades of your blackness?
did she take you back to the beginning, crack you and split you? open you up and  introduce you to the best part of you?

cause...i am the best part. i know my power and my range is infinite.  i know what i do...but what i wanna know is...does she out do me?

i could see your eyes come open and the energy leaving your chakra in great leaps and bounds with NO boundaries. . i could hear the kinetic crackling, hissing and popping in your voice when you said my  name. i could feel the passion and the pain and the soothing and the miracle happening....i witnessed the breaking of shackles, rods chains..watched you dance a new freedom
my antennas peeked and captured the radar of that movement...it was...
real. no lies were told. i know the magic i radiate

did she reel it in, catch it and put it in a neat little box? out woman me by making you feel safe in your world...while i was showing you something new, she came with some comfort to my scarey new and free and beautiful....

did she hold you tighter, deeper, closer?

let me congratulate her. tell her, good job.
i hope she treats you like a king, cause you are.
i hope she holds you soft sometimes and hard sometimes and knows when you need which touch
i hope she honors you and supports you and serves you
i hope she licks your wounds and heals your soul and becomes your
heaven
cause you deserves all of that

i know what i am. i know who i am. i know i show i give i shed cloak and open wide and pour out all of my colors for you. i know i lift up and fly. made you fly...did she anchor you?
© Copyright 2009 asia (asiaradiant at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1624095-Did-She