*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1620625-Lets-Play
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Family · #1620625
True Story. Happened on Saturday 11/21/09. Revenge is so sweet.
Let's Play
                        by Richard Briley


This just happened yesterday, true story.  I’m home alone watching two of my grandkids. Josh is two years old and Chloe is eight.  Chloe is upstairs playing with Barbie dolls. Josh decides he wants somebody to play with so he heads up stairs.  A confrontation ensues in which both parties are screaming to the top of their voice.  I yell up stairs, “what is going on up there?”  Chloe yells back, “I don’t want him playing with my toys!”

“Alright, Josh come on down. Sissy doesn’t want to play with you.”  Joshua comes down obviously teed off. In about an hour Chloe is done playing upstairs and she now wants somebody to play with.  She comes to Josh and says, “lets play.”  Josh  will have nothing to do with it. A second confrontation ensues. Both parties are yelling to the top of their voice.

Chloe departs to the living room mad.  Parked near the kitchen where Josh and I are watching some TV is Josh’s little tikes car.  Chloe comes and gets his car and pushes it past him where he can see it. Confrontation #3 ensues. Josh climbs down and runs to the living room yelling with everything he’s got, “THAT’S MY CAR!  NOOOO, THAT’S MY CAR!” IT’S MINEEEEEE!”   

I would have stopped all this madness had it not been so dad gum entertaining.  You can’t pay for entertainment this good.  Josh gets in his little tikes car and drives it into the kitchen where I’m sitting. He then gets out of his car and slams the car door. Proceeds to climbs up on the chair and continues to watch TV.  He’s only two years old and yes he's a small package, but he's not stupid.  Revenge has its sweetness even if you're just two years old.

© Copyright 2009 Richard Briley Jr (rbriley48 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1620625-Lets-Play