*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619106-False
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1619106
Something I was feeling late at night... I don't really know where it fits.
         You made a fool of me with your charming words and your talk of Faith. Like a poison your lies spread, squeezing my vein, draining every ounce of me that dared to hope.

         You shattered my dreams, as I held out for your promises to manifest, watching each of my ambitions slowly wither and die; rustling on the breeze like brittle corn husks.

         Tossed aside

         Never forgotten.

         Still I held on.

         Hoping, that one day, like an eagle you would swoop down and take me out of this place that had become so like a hell...

         But you abandoned me.

         Driven by your own selfish agenda, never sparing me a second thought.

         How dare you use my love and devotion as a weapon against me!

         Me, standing loyal by your side through the storm, never doubting your word. A blind woman lead by her fool of a heart. That I could reach inside and tear it out; forever shut its rose tinted eyes that see only the good and never the underlying . . .

         Me who fell on hands and knees that you could stand on my back and rise higher! Who never let you fall. Me, forgotten across the sea. A piece of history, left in a musty attic gathering the dust of sorrow and resentment.

         I, who still cannot forget you... Me, in whom a glimmer of hope holds strong, hidden away from the taint spreading through me.

         A small piece, a seed waiting to be planted, to sprout new hope. I hide this piece, it can never know you were false. I can never let it die.
© Copyright 2009 Mistress Mayhem (vampyfae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619106-False