*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1615724-Unexplainable-Attraction
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Gracie
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1615724
Mr.Gibson hates Carina Mitchell, what is his problem? Will Caina ever find out?
Unexplainable Attraction
Chapter 1

I opened my eyes to the sun in my eyes and Mr. Gibson’s voice in my ear. I had fallen asleep in math class again for the third time this week. And Mr. Gibson looked mad, really mad. He gave me his ‘I want to see you after class’ stare as I fixed my hair and sat up properly in my seat. Mr. Gibson was the youngest, sexiest and scariest teacher in the whole school and he hated me, I could see it in his deep blue eyes. School had started only two weeks ago and our class was already given a test this week. A test I most likely failed no thanks to Mr. Gibson.

There was nothing I could do to stay awake in his class,  I had tried everything; sleeping all night, drinking coffee all day even sleeping in the class before. Nothing worked, every time I came to his class the weather was warm, his voice was quiet and the class was silent.

“Carina, you must know the answer to this question,” he asked his voice quiet and cruel, making the entire class stare in my direction.

“I... um, don’t know,” I choked. I could feel my face turning a deep shade of pink and I hated him for putting me on the spot.

“Oh, you must know. After all you’ve been paying attention all class,” he stared down at me with his deep blue eyes and I could see a smile hiding behind his serious composure. “Look at the question maybe that’ll help.” he continued looking from me to the board.

I glared at the board trying to do the math in my head. “Negative five over seven,” my reply was more of a question than an answer.

He smiled slightly as he looked from me to my empty notebook. “Maybe, you should all fall asleep in class; it might help you do better on the next test. Sleeping in class certainly seems to be helping Ms. Mitchell,” he walked down the aisle, finished writing the solution on the board then wrote three more problems for us to solve individually as he walked around the class to answer questions.

I sat at my desk silently staring out the window to the football team practicing for tonight’s game. I could see Cody, the football star, ordering his team around. He was the one guy in the entire school that I could never have. He was dating Anna and even though I had loved him since the third grade he had chosen my best friend over me.

“Just because you answered the question correctly, doesn’t mean you off the hook,” Mr. Gibson startled me from behind, “I still need to see you after class.”

“I have cheer practice right after,” I protected, just because I knew the entire routine didn’t mean I was willing to spend cheer practice in here arguing with Mr. Gibson. He looked at me then towards the window to the football team and smiled like he was telling a joke to himself.

He continued walking around the class and I wasn’t sure if I was officially off the hook or not. He hadn’t insisted on seeing me so that must be a good thing… maybe he was just going to stare me down for the rest of the semester, with only five minutes left of class I wanted to go to leave now and never come back.

He stood at the front on the classroom now, with Monday’s tests in his hand. “I want you to grab your tests on your way out,” he began to call everyone’s names one by one. As others got up to leave my friend Anna came to my desk.

“I know I failed that one,” she said taking the seat in front of me; she turned to face me and made a face to show her disappointment. “He hates me, I know it.”

“I’m sure he hates you less than he hates me,” I answer hearing Anna’s name being called.

“I’ll see you at practice, if you’re still alive by then,” she laughed getting up to leave. “Call me tonight, if you don’t make it.”

Slowly the class emptied until I was the only student left, he’d done it on purpose so I would have to see him before leaving. I got up slowly putting my notebook away, great, I had to have a one on one conversation with Mr. Gibson… this was going to be interesting.


To Be Continued...
© Copyright 2009 Gracie (awasim at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1615724-Unexplainable-Attraction